Thread: Orioles report - July 5, 2007, AP

Orioles report - July 5, 2007, AP

3B Melvin Mora was scratched from the lineup for the fourth straight game after asking interim manager Dave Trembley for one more day to rest his bruised left foot. ``When Melvin tells me he's ready to play, I'll put him in there,'' Trembley said. ``He's played long enough, he knows himself.'' Mora was available to pinch hit Thursday, and Trembley hoped to get him back in the lineup before the All-Star break. ... RHP Daniel Cabrera got some help from a Hall of Famer on Thursday, when Jim Palmer observed his bullpen session. ``You use whatever tool's available to you,'' said pitching coach Leo Mazzone, who occasionally turned to Don Sutton when he was in Atlanta. Mazzone said Cabrera's release point is inconsistent, which may explain his 6-9 record and 5.15 ERA. ... Trembley said LHP Erik Bedard, RHP Jeremy Guthrie and Cabrera will start the first three games after the break. The other two spots in the rotation are a bit unsettled. ... LHP Garrett Olson, who made his major league debut Wednesday, will not play in the All-Star Futures Game on Sunday.

Turn 2

Re: Orioles report - July 5, 2007, AP

Hopefully Mora will be back in tonights lineup against Texas. If not I guess the Orioles will have Chris Gomez playing in his place.