Thread: Trembley remains calm

Orioles Trembley remains calm

There were no overturned tables or temper tantrums, no busted chalkboards or high-pitched sermons. If the Orioles wondered how interim manager Dave Trembley would deal with a loss in a winnable game, they found out on Saturday night, when Arizona scored seven unanswered runs to even the series. True to his understated nature, Trembley reacted in a subtle manner. "I talked to the club, and the guys seemed to be a little hesitant to see how I'd approach them," he said. "I went in there and said, 'Hey, we're not going back to the way it used to be. No one's going to feel sorry for themselves. Nobody did anything wrong in the game. ...We got beat. Turn the TV on, watch SportsCenter, get something to eat.'
    "We're going to come out and play hard today. I think that's the focus and preparation that we have. Our mindset is that we've had a good road trip and we want to make it a little bit better. We'll make it a whole lot better if we win today."

The Official Site of The Baltimore Orioles: News: Baltimore Orioles News

Turn 2

Re: Trembley remains calm

I think he did the right thing. I watched the game and they did play hard. It was just the D-Backs played a great game as well and came back and won. There were no mistakes by the Orioles. I would much rather him say something like he did than make excuses for the loss.