Thread: Wait a win? Cherish this!

aka SmashUmFootball OsBros&NattyBos's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Wait a win? Cherish this!

The Orioles finally broke their losing streak, the longest since (i believe) 2005. The win like the one last night really keeps my hopes that this team can be something special with a few changes. Scoring 3 runs in the 1st inning and 4 runs in the 8th inning allowed the O's to have a 7-0 lead. I am not going to lie when Guthrie let Branyan hit that solo home run I got really scared really fast, but Guthrie made it through the 8th and allowed the closer, Walker, to finish off the game. This game showed the exact kind of team the Orioles can be when our players actually play some ball. Although I guess anyone can argue that when your hitters are hitting well and your pitchers are shutting down the opposing bats any team will win. But beating the current NL West division leader in their park made it a little sweeter.

Guthrie has really been a great addition to the O's this season. I do hope this isn't a fluke year at that Mazzone has taught him the right tools to be a solid pitcher. Guthrie only gave up 4 hits, 1 HR, and had 9 strike outs.

What was interesting was seeing Millar in the #3 spot of the line up. Millar had 2 hits and an RBI at the position, but was also struck out twice. It will be interesting to see if Trembley will keep Millar in the same spot.

Lastly, and continuing my Nick Markakis rants, i want to say how he is a truly a classy athlete. Last night during post game interviews Markakis was rockin' a black t-shirt that said in large letters "Thank You O's Fans" (or something of the sorts) it was a nice subtle acknowledgment to the fans I appreciated, as a fan. Markakis also made an amazing throw from right field to stop a potential double. I don't know if anyone saw that throw but it was a beauty.

Tejada, after being hit on the hand/wrist area didn't want to leave but Trembley didn't want to risk it, which is smart. Tejada's x-rays were negative but he is still going to get a CAT scan to make sure there isn't any other kind of damage. I would assume he would be good for today's game.
    I would my sell or do just about anything to have the..............
    - Orioles win the World Series -
    - Terps Football win the National Championship Bowl Game -
    - Ravens win the Super Bowl -
    - Terps Basketball win the NCAA Tournament -

..............in the same year!

aka SmashUmFootball OsBros&NattyBos's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Re: Wait a win? Cherish this!

Now here is a funny statistic to how bad the O's have been playing. I just got this from the Baltimore Sun, it is about Erik Bedard who is pitching for today's game.

"Bedard has only one win in his last 11 outings, but he's lowered his ERA from 6.11 to 3.64 during that span."
    I would my sell or do just about anything to have the..............
    - Orioles win the World Series -
    - Terps Football win the National Championship Bowl Game -
    - Ravens win the Super Bowl -
    - Terps Basketball win the NCAA Tournament -

..............in the same year!

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Let's hope he gets that ever elusive W today.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Wait a win? Cherish this!

hey, good hopiong there voodoo... O's win 6-3. But you probably already knew that!!

Rookie ERA

Yep, now the D-backs, if we have any self respect we'll pay em back for sweeping us here!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

good luck to you guys. d-Backs are playing pretty good right now. Plus it can help my Brewers if they continue to play well also. Being in the NL and all.

Rookie ERA

I am happy for the Brewers fans and think they along with the Twins in the AL give hope to the smaller market teams that you can build without buying. Grew up watching the Brew Crew and O's in the old AL EAST, still weird to see Milwaukee in the NL. Yount, Molitor, Ganter, Cooper and the last game of the 82 season that sent Earl Weaver into retirement missing the playoffs that year, well that one still stings, but most of the memories are fond.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I loved all of those guys from the hey days. Yount is still my all-time favorite player, that is why I have the #19 on my username!