Thread: Mora did not travel team; Roberts returns

Mora did not travel team; Roberts returns

MLB.com: Mora getting x-rays; Bip Roberts returns to team

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. -- Third baseman Melvin Mora did not accompany the team to Oklahoma City. Reason: His right hand was hit by a pitch in a Spring Training game Wednesday and went to Baltimore for X-rays.

Roberts returns: Baltimore leadoff man Brian Roberts, who set a club record with 50 doubles last year, also missed Thursday's game, because of a bruised shin. But he led off Friday night's game.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    So Mora won't start in the opener?

Most likely not. He'll probably be day to day. I guess he's on your fantasy team? If this is the case, I suggest reading into it a lil more. Or atleast wait till a day to see what the diagnose is.

AAA ERA
    Yeah he is. I hope it isn't too serious.

AAA ERA
    From Fanball.com:

Apr 1 Orioles third baseman Melvin Mora was originally scheduled to have his right hand re-evaluated in Baltimore, before meeting the team in Oklahoma City to play a couple games against the Cardinals. Instead, Mora didn't make the trip, but will probably play on Sunday in Philadelphia, the Baltimore Sun reports.
    Views: The beaning, while scary, doesn't sound like it will keep Mora from playing on Opening Day. He is still among the top-10 third basemen and while his numbers will probably come down from last year, they should still be very solid fantasy numbers.

Good to hear. Hopefully it's not serious enough where he will be bothered by it throughout the season.