Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benson Lost for Season

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well that certainly doesn't help the O's this season!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The O's can fill Benson's spot with John Maine.

Wait..nevermind.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The team has moved fast to fill Benson's spot in the rotation, agreeing in principle to terms with free-agent pitcher Steve Trachsel, according to a source. The deal is pending a physical.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Houston is also looking at Trachsel.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    From one mediocre Met to another. I'm really scared of the Orioles this season.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

It is looking more and more like the Devil Rays are NOT going to be basement dwellers this year, first time in history!!!! Yikes!!!! Sorry O's fans. I think you are going to be doing a lot of this particular action this season!

MLB ERA
    Trachsel signed with the O's.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    It is looking more and more like the Devil Rays are NOT going to be basement dwellers this year, first time in history!!!! Yikes!!!! Sorry O's fans. I think you are going to be doing a lot of this particular action this season!
    Well, technically, the DRays have finished out of the basement once in their history in 2004 when the BJays finished in last. Sorry to be nitpicky, but it's the only time the O's have finished out of 4th in the past 9 yrs. It's the small victories.

But, no this doesn't look for the O's. Blessing in disguise is that our young guys will get more experience. Of course, now that we have Trachsel, it's back to the norm. Should have traded Benson when we had the chance.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

No prob on the correction!!! I have made mistakes before, I am most certain it will happen again!!! Proabably not for awhile, but it will!! j/k!!! Probably happen sooner than later in my world!!!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    After Trachsel gets hurt, I expect them to trade for Victor Zambrano.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Orioles

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    I think Traschel is an adequate replacement for Benson. Jaret Wright returns to Leo Mazzone in the back end of the rotation, and the continued development of Bedard, Loewen, Cabrera, and Penn makes for an interesting mix. Add in the development of Markakis who could be a star in this league, the returning surprise Patterson, Aubrey Huff, Roberts, Mora, a happy Tejada and the rest of an offense who held 1st place for 3 months in the most difficult division in baseball, a couple of summers ago. Most importantly, the bullpen was addressed this off-season, there were 18 or 19 games where the O's were either tied or leading after six and came away with losses. I know hope springs eternal this time of the year, but I think the O's will be much improved and win about 85 games, not good enough in this division, but we will see how it all works out.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Trachsel may be an adequate replacement for Benson, but not for John Maine. Flanagan and Jim Duquette aka Dumb and Dumber were anally raped by Omar Minaya, for crying out loud.

And to think, I really thought that you guys would take Huddy away from us, but thank goodness you didn't. Now you could really use him. Oh well...
    2007 NL MVP AWARD WINNER: ANDRUW JONES

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Mets

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Trachsel may be an adequate replacement for Benson, but not for John Maine. Flanagan and Jim Duquette aka Dumb and Dumber were anally raped by Omar Minaya, for crying out loud.

I agree, it was a terrible decision to let Maine go, I was pissed, but what can I do, cry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast