Thread: Congrats to the O's on the series win

AA ERA

Congrats to the O's on the series win

I just want to tip my hat to the Birds for a great series to the Twins. They deserve to win the series. I am just dissapointed the Twins did not bring their A game yesterday afternoon.

One thing about the O's lineup. You make mistakes and you will pay. You can not give them extra outs and the Twins learned it the hard way yesterday. Like the Cardinals, they can make pitchers work and they use the field. If the O's can add Helton, that team becomes more formidable.

I wish them luck this year. That's a good team over there. I speak for most baseball fans sans Yankees and Red Sox fans that I like to see the Orioles win the AL East this year.

AA ERA
    Oh and beat the Whiney Sux this weekend at She-ca-go.

I will be rooting for the O's big time.

AA ERA
    Nice job by the O's getting that split against She-ca-go after losing the first two to them. Great teams find a way to bounce back and that's what the O's did. It was important to get those two games yesterday and today.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    There seemed to be a letdown when Sosa and Matos hit the DL, and bringing up 2 guys one just 22 from A-Ball Frederick Keys, with no major league experience. The O's played uninspired even giving up a 3-0 lead Friday, but seemed to turn it around and bounce back nicely to get the split.

Just on a side note, I know there are not many O's fans on this board, but the Baltimore Media absolutely ripped Beattie and Flanagan for what they percieved as terrible call ups in light of the DL situation before this series. Many writers called the front office the laughingstock of baseball over these moves. I totally understood the moves. With the O's having the bats even without Sosa, Matos, what was the most important aspect of the game that we could not afford to lose out on? DEFENSE!
    If we had to go to A-ball to find our best fielding centerfielder, then so be it, We needed a good defensive right handed option in right, bring in Keith Reed, with Javy Lopez continuing to see his catching time cut down for fear of injury or just plain old wearing down, I also thought it was a good Idea to bring in the veteran Sal Fassano whom is respected for calling good games and having a good arm and spent the entire spring catching this staff,any offense is a plus. WHat does he do in his first game, he went yard and later had a clutch hit for an insurance rbi.

I am just dissapointed in some of our fans and the media in Baltimore, it's not even football season and I can almost hear Baltimore fans blaming the weight of the world on Kyle Boller, but til then I'll just have to amuse myself with the hero/goat fascination the Baltimore has with it's sports, Today Beattie and Flanagan are genius', a loss tomorrow, and who know what literal gutter they will be in the papers Wednesday morning.