Thread: Daniel Cabera is awesome

AA ERA

Daniel Cabera is awesome

That was a great show by him tonight. What can I say? He just dominated the Twins all night. You had to like what he did in the seventh inning when he struck out three Twins after he had two runners in the base. That's what you call a very good pitcher. My hat is off to him. He is going to be special. Orioles fans are lucky to have him on their team.

I tip my cap to him tonight.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Cabrera started the season with a few shaky starts, didn't have real good command of his pitches, and because of a rainout and a day off afterwards, he went 10-11 days without a start. THe Orioles quietly worried about Cabrera, as they put him in the #2 spot in the rotation to begin his first full season in the big leagues. After the layoff, he has had 2 downright dominating starts, capped off by last nights victory versus the Twins.

Daniel hit 99mph at times yesterday on the gun with plenty of nasty movement, I think the fact that he was a little wild at times helped him out. He's had a preety decent breaking pitch in his last 2 starts, and the thing I like best about him is his demeanor, for a guy who started in A-ball last season he is very confident in himself and he expects to pitch well and win every start. Getting a full season under Ray Miller this year should only improve all of the young starters. I do feel lucky to have him and Bedard who will go tonight.

AA ERA
    Hiring Ray Miller back as a pitching coach was the best move the O's have done in recent years. He is pretty darn good at pitching. He and Leo Mazzone are the best pitching coaches in the business. Ray is a teacher.

Ron Gardenhire, Twins manager, said it best about how he was glad that he did not had to face him. That was the story of the night.