Thread: Mulder's Interested

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Mulder's Interested

According to agent Gregg Clifton, Mark Mulder has expressed an interest in joining the Orioles.
    "One of the things Mark has really benefited from is having a good pitching coach," Clifton said. "People don't realize the draw of Leo Mazzone. Mark is a veteran guy who at least would consider Leo as a mentor." What people do realize is the incentive to collect as many potential bidders as possible. Mulder, who will likely miss the first month or two following shoulder surgery, is also being mentioned in connection with Oakland and Boston.
    Mulder along with Bedard, Penn, Lopez and Cabrera might not be too bad. Benson is likely on his way out so that's why I didn't put him in next year's rotation. Mazzone has got to work with Cabrera to get the walks down,way down.

Most Oriole fans, myself included, would rather see Lopez off this team completely, and have Benson back. He was much more consistant than Lopez ever was.

With Mulder, I wouldn't mind having him, but as I've said before, I would rather us go for Mussina if he winds up available. At the very least, Mulder is on record as saying he wants to go to Baltimore for Mazzone, so that is a start.

As for Cabrera, and the rest of the pitchers, Camp Mazzone will happen this offseason, and that did not happen last offseason. Camp Mazzone is where each pitcher comes in for a week, and throws a side session each day with Mazzone. They can come in more than once, but that one time is required. Cabrera has a lot to be proud of after he was recalled from the minors, but still has to put in more work as you said. I am looking forward to seeing his progression, though.