Thread: Orioles officially acquire the Canadian Destroyed

Orioles officially acquire the Canadian Destroyed

My heart is grieving. After his superior performance in the WBC (second on Team Canuck and Poutine after Matthew Wade Stairs) and his good job on the Sox, he was officially the PTBNL in the JAVY ****ING LOPEZ deal. Worthless piece of shit.

Goodbye Adam Stern

Orioles acquired outfielder Adam Stern from the Red Sox for a player to be named or cash.
    That's the way it had to be announced, but what's really happening here is that the two teams are completing the Javy Lopez deal. The 26-year-old Stern was supposed to go to the Orioles in August, but the Rays put in a waiver claim to block the deal. Stern, a former Rule 5 pick who impressed playing for Canada in the WBC, hit just .258/.300/.388 in 392 at-bats for Pawtucket this season. He can run well and play a fair center field, but he's likely a reserve at best.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

And I clearly meant Destroyer

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Canadia was destroyed??!!?!?!?!

oh whoops <_<
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Worthless, absolutely worthless. I mean, I am sure that we could have gotten more, at least a decent prospect, if we dealt Lopez by the deadline. But no, in typical Angelos fashion, we never go out and do something immediately, we always sit back and wait to see. I hate it. Now we have a fifth outfielder we won't even use with some other guys being promoted up next season.

Fine, give Stern back to us and sign Javy on the FA market, pretend it never happened

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Fine, give Stern back to us and sign Javy on the FA market, pretend it never happened
    Its not that which I'm mad about. Its the fact that the Orioles waited (again) and got shafted. We got a guy who is going to be a 6th outfielder behind Fahey and Newhan, but that isn't what bothers me. We just waited too long to pull the trigger on a deal. I'll accept any trade, because we weren't going to let Lopez walk for nothing, but its the typical Angelos way. Wait, and get screwed.