Thread: Trade talks heating up...

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Trade talks heating up...

I won't list any links... I'll just offer some thoughts...

ESPN and Orioles "Insiders" believe Rodrigo Lopez has a very good chance at being a New York Met by Friday... Victor Diaz is one possibility regarding who the Mets would send in return...

Also, the LA press claims that Orlando Cabrera has publicly stated that he would move to third base if the Angels acquired Miguel Tejada... Further mentioned is that if the trade does not happen at the deadline it very likely will happen in the off-season...

NOTE: This statement confuses me... Whether they give up their prospects now or in the off-season really doesn't make a difference... If they trade for Tejada now, they will have him for a playoff/WS run. The latest rumor has Santana and Kendrick as the players the Orioles want in return... This sounds realistic since last year the O's were allegedly asking for Wood, Santana AND a MLB player ot two...(maybe O Cabrera...)

MLB ERA
    Angels giving up one of the 2 future anchors to their rotation who is having a damn good year at age 23 for Tejada??? Dunno about this one.... generally a possible playoff team does not like to give up young SP that is actually performing well, for a run on the playoffs....
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Orioles

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic
    IThe latest rumor has Santana and Kendrick as the players the Orioles want in return... This sounds realistic since last year the O's were allegedly asking for Wood, Santana AND a MLB player ot two...(maybe O Cabrera...)
    ANGELS REPORT
    Traders Take Aim at Top Pitchers

By Bill Shaikin, Times Staff Writer
    July 15, 2006

As the Angels pursue a slugger in trade talks, they have discovered that their highly touted prospects are not necessarily the players most coveted by opposing teams. With young, affordable pitching at a premium, potential trade partners tend to start conversations by asking for John Lackey, Ervin Santana and Scot Shields.

For instance, when the Angels explored the possibility of trading for Miguel Tejada and making him their third baseman, the Baltimore Orioles are believed to have asked for Santana, Shields and prized infield prospect Howie Kendrick.

I agree the Angels may not give up Santana... Never-the-less, this was passed on as what the O's asked for... Last year, the Angels had 6 SP's... If Weaver had not been cut... and Escobar was not on the DL... the Angels might be able to move Santana for an All-Star SS like Tejada... Now... maybe not, maybe they have to give up more of their prospects. I don't see the O's settling for only prospects though. They need one MLB ready player to come back in the Tejada trade... They would like two... AND prospects. Time will tell, how it pans out. Right now, most seem to think that NOTHING will happen and the O's will go on to a 9th losing season.