Thread: Sosa might be traded this off-season

MLB ERA

Orioles Sosa might be traded this off-season

When his Cubs teammates were taking the field Sunday for the final game of the season, Sammy Sosa already had taken off.
    And now it is possible Sosa has played his final game as a Cub.

Sosa showed up for work at 12:10 p.m., barely an hour before game time, and purportedly left a half-hour later, without permission and without goodbyes.

Sosa had been told Saturday he would not be in the starting lineup Sunday, so coming to the ballpark two hours later than usual wasn't all that bad. But leaving before the Cubs' 10-8 victory over Atlanta sent the Cubs' hierarchy into anger management.
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...-home-headlines
    Last edited by BuckFoston; 04-02-2005 at 06:49 PM.

MLB ERA

Orioles

I would like to see Sosa traded this offseason, and I'm not defending him here... but the press is doing a piss poor job of scapegoating Sosa in this whole mess. IMO Sosa and Cubs management is to blame here.

WHY SOSA WENT BONKERS ON DUSTY:
    1. Fired his personal assistent Julian Martinez
    You have to question the timing of it. MLB has been cracking down on personal assistants all year long, and the Cubs org chooses to fire Julian the last week of the season
    2. Cubs org approached Sosa about possibly restructuring his current contract
    Again, the timing here. You don't approach the star (albeit an aging one on the downside of his career) of the team the last two days of the season to talk contract
    3. Sosa questioned by NYPD after the 2nd to last game of season about his cousin's whereabouts
    4. Baker tells the press that Sosa needs to be better prepared mentally and physically after this offseason
    The fact is Sosa has come into the last two seasons in the best shape of his career. Baker was wrong to question the fact that Sosa comes into the season prepared, because he always is. As for Sosa's eye at the plate and bat speed... well those have greatly fallen off.
    5. Baker moved Sosa further and further down in the batting order, 2nd half of the season
    Granted I agreed with this move, but its another factor to consider

Geesh and if he does go that would be crazy.All though I don't know if anyone would pick up on his monster salary.

Huh? Sosa has been traded to the Orioles. I don't see why the Orioles would trade him as of right now. Don't know why this thread was made, but oookkkkkk....

MLB ERA
    Did you notice the topic said this off-season?

Off-season already passed. It was good for Sosa to get out of Chicago. Still some old news. Sosa has brighter horizons ahead of him as long as he stays healthy and hits. Which he should be able to....

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    Off-season already passed. It was good for Sosa to get out of Chicago. Still some old news. Sosa has brighter horizons ahead of him as long as he stays healthy and hits. Which he should be able to....
    I meant to put next off-season, my bad.

Rookie ERA
    Did I go through the Twilight Zone?

*turns down MLB.TV to listen for the music*

AA ERA
    Wtf!?!?!?

I'm glad i'm not the only one confused by this whole thread.....