Thread: Orioles win on Bedard's superb stat

Orioles win on Bedard's superb stat

Erik Bedard shut out the Devil Rays for seven innings on Monday night to improve to 2-0.
    All four hits he allowed were singles, and he struck out five. The Rays had a runner thrown out at home in the seventh to preserve the shutout, but LaTroy Hawkins gave up one run in the eighth and Tim Byrdak allowed two in the ninth before Chris Ray closed out Baltimore's 6-3 victory.

Wow, 7 innings, 4 hits, 5 K's, no runs? If Bedard can stay healthy, he can hold a rotation down for long periods of time
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Before Bedard was hurt last year, he was honestly making a Cy Young case with an era of like 2.08. I know the type of talent he has, it's just a matter of keeping his head straight and body healthy.

AA ERA
    Before Bedard was hurt last year, he was honestly making a Cy Young case with an era of like 2.08. I know the type of talent he has, it's just a matter of keeping his head straight and body healthy.
    Agreed.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

One word: BEAST

Erik Bedard surrendered two runs in eight innings of work versus the Angels today to record his third win of the season.
    Bedard gave up eight hits, didn't walk a batter, and struck out four. The outing could have been even better, as Nick Markakis could have caught Garret Anderson's RBI double in the first inning. Bedard has just 11 strikeouts in 20 innings, but since he's 3-0 with a 2.25 ERA that can be forgiven.

Jesus. This kid is freaking awesome. I heart pitchers who don't give up walks in a game. Wish the damn Tiger pitchers would do that. But no there damn BB/K ratio is pathetic.

Anyways, Bedard looks like a great pitcher who will help the Orioles rotation for years to come.

At least I understand why they wouldn't trade him when he was the key piece to get Zito from the A's