Thread: Server Wide Problem?

Server Wide Problem?

When I tried to get on here, I used two accounts and two e-mails. I never got the validation e-mail, nor could I get my password sent to me. Thankfully, I found I could PM if I did it from the UserCP, and got Rz to validate me through the ACP.

Well, I tried registering for the NFL site last night, and the same thing happened. I havn't PM'd Rz or anyone over there yet, but my guess is that this is a server wide problem, or that the validation needs adjusting on all the boards. Just a heads up for yall.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I had to walk billy through this same thing. He registered and he never got the email. So, I told him to re-register with a new name and it worked. I am not sure what it is, but I have to wonder if it is keeping many people from registering correctly. I also noticed that someone was registering yesterday while I was using the view who is on line option and I noticed that he/she never got through to registering. SF kid was the newest poster to the site and there was never a new one after that even those this person was trying to register after SF kid did.

I think it definitely is something that needs a fix.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I just created an account and had an email waiting for me within 30 seconds. Could it be your email service listing it as spam?

MLB ERA
    that's it my yahoo listed it as bulk, most services list "confirmation emails" as spam

MLB ERA
    I can assure you that it is not a system problem. So far, everyone that I've talked to one on one, either found that the email was blocked by their spam filter, or they had it sent to Yahoo or Hotmail accounts in which the emails went into bulk or spam folders...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    OK, thanks fellas. If I hear anyone else is having problems I will tell them to check their bulk and tell them to correct their filters. Thanks.

MLB ERA
    Im checking a few other things out, but so far, all emails have passed through the SMTP server and went outbound.. nothing has been rejected or kicked back and nothing is sitting in the que..