Thread: Minor League Forums

MLB ERA

Braves Minor League Forums

The A's have a Minor League Forum and I would like to get a Minor League forum for the Braves. I was thinking about having the Angels one as well but I don't want to go overboard.

It would be nice to have a Minor League Forum for each team but most of them won't get much if any activity.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Minor League Forums

I second that. I would like one for the Twins. Catman would post in it as well.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

It's been almost 2 weeks since I put up this suggestion. Feedback please, comments? Anything at all?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I hate to say a special exception was made, but that was essentially what happened with the A's forum since it was cluttering up other talk and would be better served in it's own forum (due to how it was structured.) At this point, I really don't want to be adding minor league forum's sporadically as it does make the forums load slower and it looks a bit sloppy (if you can't tell, I like having a very defined order.)

I have no doubt that might be a need for all forums in the future, but at this point, I think most team forum's would be best off with a general minor league discussion thread with updates posted to it and discussion related to that sort of thing.

I'll keep it mind though.

Thanks.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

I don't see a new forum needed specifically for a team's respective farm system unless a busy forum like A's or Reds. They can have their own to keep the forum more organized, but till then, it's a waste of space. Nobody is really using the main Minor League forum until I finally posted about the tragic death of a coach.

MLB ERA

Now might be the time to bring this idea back. I would be happy to post in minor-league forums, having several teams in my area that I follow. I see 2 leagues regularly -- Midwest and PCL -- and I go to as many games as I can annually.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon