Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rep

I LOVE the way the rep system works here, in comparison to "another site", which shall remain nameless at the request of tedc and Mission. The "other site" is VERY focused on the rep system, and there are a handful of posters there who must literally dedicate hours a day bumping each other's rep scores up. That ain't right. I'm all for a system that succeeds in promoting community while throwing out those who obviously don't want to be a part of the community, but thank goodness the rep system isn't abused here!

Rookie ERA
    Thank you from refraining.

If the system we have in place gets abused we can always disable it. It is yours to use if you want it. I personally like it because when you make a post that speaks out to a poster, they can give you a pat on the back by giving you a positive rep.

MLB ERA
    yea really i agree with you Ted

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedc
    Thank you from refraining.

If the system we have in place gets abused we can always disable it. It is yours to use if you want it. I personally like it because when you make a post that speaks out to a poster, they can give you a pat on the back by giving you a positive rep.
    Three cheers for the positive rep but what about the neg rep? IMO, some people do not know how to respond to criticism on any level. Some folks take any criticism personally. This is a message board for cripes sake yet some people will still take it to heart. We have no business taking down someone elses world over some BS posts. This is not a MLB sanctioned board....eewww.....shivers. I don't want to sound like a wimp but can we disable only the neg rep and focus only on the positive?

BTW Tedc, how do we measure positive rep? How do we give more than one point per pos rep or is that option reserved for only Admin?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I only give negative rep if the post was offensive or not in good taste. It's stupid to give out negative rep just because you don't agree with what someone said. Everyone is entitled to their opinion

MLB ERA
    hey did i miss something, because know i can see who all sent me some rep. wast that turned of before, or am i dumb lol

MLB ERA
    Yeah it was just changed.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    ah ok cool thankx for the update

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat

BTW Tedc, how do we measure positive rep? How do we give more than one point per pos rep or is that option reserved for only Admin?
    The rep you give is based on the amount of a reputation you have..

There are two different "numbers" of rep -- The first is the one that is in your UserCP - it shows how many points you've earned/recieved from others. That number affects how many little "dots" of rep you have.

The second number is located on each post you make, above the little dots. That shows how much each of your "hits" of rep is worth...So if you have a "rep power" of "52", everytime you give a poster a pos rep, you give them 52 points, if you give them a neg rep, you take away 52 of their points.

Make sense?

Rookie ERA
    Nevermind, I just realized the "display rep power" is turned off on this site... :p If you want to see an example of it, see the nfl side..

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Thx Tedc
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDamsel
    Nevermind, I just realized the "display rep power" is turned off on this site... :p If you want to see an example of it, see the nfl side..
    Heh. I was wondering why that never worked.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

AAA ERA
    I think we should turn Display Rep Power on. This might encourage people to give rep out. Also it would reward posters that actually put thought and effort into their posts.

:yeahthat:
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I've given out rep a few times. I would've done more, but my connection is way slow. I like the system.

I must be on DK's good list, most of my positive rep has come from him
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast