Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep

BD, thanks, you're awesome.

It was, out of all people, Riverdunesrat. What a bastard.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

For anybody who was wondering who the idiot who called me the worst postere ver was.

It was are very own DirtyKash. Thanks. To think that I actually had any respect for ya.

MLB ERA
    really? i didnt know that

MLB ERA
    DirtyKash gave me a negative rep just for beinbg a Yankee fan he says "Yankee Fan".
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

We have rep power listed by our name (the green squares?)?

Anyway, thanks BD.

MLB ERA
    I thought DK gave me the neg. rep for spelling. I don't really care, he also gives + rep. I'm not going to commit suicide over it.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston
    DirtyKash gave me a negative rep just for beinbg a Yankee fan he says "Yankee Fan".
    That is a classic!
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    DK also gave me the neg rep for blowing up Yankme Stadium :lol:

But he also gave me props for the M's Thread so its all good.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Element
    I thought DK gave me the neg. rep for spelling. I don't really care, he also gives + rep. I'm not going to commit suicide over it.

yea i got one for spelling too

AA ERA
    I'm actually in favor of annonymous but this is fine.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    IMO, it's f'd up that we were presumably anonymous and then suddenly we're not. When I passed out multiple reps to a couple of posters, I meant it to be anonymous. I don't go throwing rep around just for no reason. I was genuinely butt hurt by a couple of posts and bothered by another and figured I'd take advantage of the rep option. Then just because someone else gets all butt hurt by some negative rep being passed out, the anonymous policy gets changed just like that?

IMO, this is a prime example of why this option should be turned off. If people, myself included, are going to take this BS so serious, then we have no business going around throwing rep around. As posters we should be respectful of others. It has become apparent to me that this has potential for causing lots of problems.

As a side note: I never understood why some boards get so caught up in post counts and Mod spots and treat them as status symbols among the posters. One board I saw gives batting averages as ratings and another used dollar amounts. I was told once that my posts didn't matter as I didn't post often enough for it to count anyway.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    IMO, this is a prime example of why this option should be turned off. If people, myself included, are going to take this BS so serious, then we have no business going around throwing rep around. As posters we should be respectful of others. It has become apparent to me that this has potential for causing lots of problems.
    I agree. I also preferred when it was anonymous.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    by changing it, what it does is leaves people open for "retaliation" from those who are pissed they got negative feedback in the first place.

and I don't understand why some people can give multiple reps to the same person and I can't. I tried to give someone rep again and it said I must spread around, but some people said they've given like 5 reps to the same person

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    IMO, it's f'd up that we were presumably anonymous and then suddenly we're not. When I passed out multiple reps to a couple of posters, I meant it to be anonymous. I don't go throwing rep around just for no reason. I was genuinely butt hurt by a couple of posts and bothered by another and figured I'd take advantage of the rep option. Then just because someone else gets all butt hurt by some negative rep being passed out, the anonymous policy gets changed just like that

So because you were hurt by comments, you took away rep from people.

But when they're hurt by the negative rep you gave them, it doesn't matter? Way to be fair, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    by changing it, what it does is leaves people open for "retaliation" from those who are pissed they got negative feedback in the first place.

Considering the reputation system is a reward/retaliation system in the first place, it'd be rather hard to have it exist without re-retaliation occurring.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    well, if it's anonymous, then you can't retaliate if you don't know who did it....I tried to give you positive because I gave you a negative before I found out you were kidding and now it won't let me because I "must spread my rep around"...eventually I'll be able to

ok, I was able to give you positive now.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast