Thread: How to add an RSS feed to your Zoints profile

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How to add an RSS feed to your Zoints profile

This simple tutorial will show you how to add an S3F RSS feed to your page.

First, login to your Zoints account. This tutorial will assume you are using the advanced editing mode, if you are not and can't pick up how to do this, let me know and I will help. Once that is done, look towards the top of your page for the ADD BLOCKS link, click it.

Once there, click CREATE NEW BLOCK and then click RSS/NEWFEED.

Now it's time for the most time consuming part (which will take you about a minute at the most), setting the feed up. Normally above block title it will ask where to display your feed, since I went back to edit, that's not there (but either way, it's just a matter of preference.) Your BLOCK TITLE is just that, the title that this will display under on your profile page. Now for feed URL, you could do just a general S3F feed like I did or you could do a forum specific feed like below. The forum id number is simply the ending piece of the forum's link (ie Major League Baseball is 2.)
    Code:
    http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/external.php?forumids=insert forum id number here
    or you can use an RSS2 Feed if you want for S3F in general (I am not an Rss expert, so I don't know how to make that feed forum specific.)
    Code:
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/external.php?type=rss2
    Personally I like the Rss2 feed because it puts up new posts much quicker.

REFRESH EVERY... is simply a matter of choice, but I say the quicker the better.

DISPLAY OPTIONS... is another one up to you, but the feed looks cleaner when it's just displaying the subject of the thread.

Click SAVE CHANGES and you're done! That wasn't so bad, was it?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I like this part a lot as visitors to my profile will see some S3F content from my page and it may spark some interest. Totally awesome!