• B/S Facebook

• Follow Us On Twitter

• Latest B/S Blogs

• missionhockey21

by Published on 04-03-2011 07:28 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant

Its nearly April, and in Ohio we are enjoying temperatures right around 30 degrees today. The Reds have had the NL MVP start very slow in the spring, and the once deep pitching well is looking pretty thin after several injuries. Plus, yours truly is lacking Opening Day tickets. In year's past, I was usually able to snag tickets when they ...
      by Published on 04-03-2011 07:26 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Humor

Over the nearly six years that Baseball/Slant has been on the web, we have had hundreds upon thousands of posts. Posts ranging from tables containing numbers and abbreviations for baseball statistics, to the absurd and random in The Clubhouse Forum | Baseball/Slant

One thing that will always remain true, is that while we are indexed by search engines such as ...
      by Published on 04-03-2011 06:29 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Site News

On April 1st, 2005, Strike3Forums was created. Our April Fool's Joke to the online baseball community. We've never tried to take ourselves too seriously and our birthday helps to remind us of that and we get another year with Major League baseball so we couldn't ask for a better day.

Its hard to believe that we are over half the way to a decade. When S3F started, I never thought about how long it would last, nor did I realize how much work I would put into it over the years. That is all worth it though when I see that we still have a core community that have stayed intact for years, through out site changes and life changes. Members who once were considered amongst the young brigade are now graduating from college and beginning careers. Others are getting married, having children, and making other significant moves.

We have now been Baseball/Slant for over one year now. A move that I hope has been more than just in name, one that delivers on a promise I set out which was to provide a unique forum experience to share your take on the game. I can provide the tools, help to craft the functionality, etc to do this, but the promise is only fulfilled when we as a community do what we love to do most, talk about the game we love. It never ceases to amaze me when folks come back after lengthy absences, and that is a testament to the community here.

I hope you are excited as I am for the 2011 MLB season, year six on B/S, and all the fun we are going to have talking about it all. To say thanks, anyone who posts on this thread by the end of this Sunday with what you like most about B/S will be entered into a drawing for a free year of a Baseball Prospectus premium subscription and a free year as a B/S Revolucion Partner.

by Published on 06-06-2010 12:37 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant,
      3. Analysis

Universally Loved… and Regretted

As with Part 1 featuring position players, these are six pitchers who are 100% owned in ESPN fantasy leagues. Unlike the hitters though, really none on this list has been truly bad, but their performance hasn't quite lived up to their names. This is not to point out droppables or anything like that, but rather to take another look at those owned fully to better understand where their season has not gone according to planned.

Dan Haren SP - Arizona Diamondbacks

5 W, 4 L, 82.0 IP, 93 H, 44 ER, 16 ...
      by Published on 05-31-2010 11:55 AM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant,
      3. Analysis

Universally Loved… and Regretted

Here we are, roughly two months into the 2010 season, and finally at the point where we can start to look at those underperformers with a slightly more critical eye. No more free passes due to slow starts or changes made in the offseason. So here we go, the bottom 6 for position players that are owned 100% in ESPN leagues and have played in at least 40 games, so all have eligible for the bulk of 2010 play. These are players who just haven't lived up to the hype but might include some who you need to sell or some who it might be advantageous ...
      Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast