• Follow Us On Twitter

• Latest B/S Blogs

• Kingdom

by Published on 03-15-2008 11:46 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant,
      3. Analysis,
      4. Humor

My name is Lex Luthor and I play for Milwaukee.
      Here's various headlines I'm seeing recently for baseball:
      -Yankees and Rays are fighting in spring training
      -Yankees signed Billy Crystal for an at bat
      -Some guy is selling Bonds' 762nd homerun
      -Jimmy Rollins and the Mets are bickering again
      -A handful of players are mad cause they're not making 20 million and are forced to settle for 400-500 thousand

Don't care, don't care, really don't care, yawn, and really what's new?

What I did read that was interesting and worth noting is that the New York Yankees (in a perfect world, we'd hear about the yankees as much as the nationals) ...
      by Published on 07-22-2007 07:48 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Analysis

Writer's note: This was written about a week and a half ago, so I threw in a minor update with each player. Cause I'm generous and love each and every one of you. Even Reefer and Saber.

It's a battle royale of depression. Reason to make fans of the respected teams cry violently as they throw beer at the TV and rip at their jersies. What makes this tragedy even more sultry in design, is that the teams these players are on are either currently contending or at least had ripe visions of contending before the season began. And just imagine if Atlanta, Boston, and Seattle just had another piece that wasn't hitting .200 or didn't have a 6 plus ...
      by Published on 08-07-2006 06:52 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant,
      3. Analysis

The date of July 31st for baseball fans is either one that holds many pleasant memories of hope and optimism for you or horror stories you save to tell around a campfire. Either way it’s an exciting time, one that often can cause grown men to consider taking off work to see the up to the minute trades and rumors. But personally I feel like it’s similar to going to a place like Disney World, you know it’s going to be entertaining but unless you really go for the gusto of experiencing all that you can, it can feel like a letdown. The 2006 deadline is pretty similar to that, we saw a lot of what we expected, but we didn’t get the ‘wow factor.’ Maybe some moves were a bit surprising as to why a team would want that player or even need him, but all the majors trades were expected in terms of a player moving (somewhere). Where was the Orioles oft-rumored blockbuster with Tejada or the team that came out of nowhere to snag Soriano in a career year? We just didn't see the surprises I had hoped.

Were there too many teams in the hunt at the deadline that they didn’t want to risk a significant prospect to blossom elsewhere for a veteran that may or may not help their playoff chances? Or vice versa. It could be, or perhaps given the ...
      by Published on 07-11-2006 06:40 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant

Finer Points in Pittsburgh

If it reads like a book, or fits like a glove, then, it..

It’s lame and fans don’t know what the hell they’re doing, is the glove or rather the gloves that commonly fit Major League Baseball’s all-star game. I’ll be honest, I find it flawed, too flawed to ever really fix actually. And I would rather see the homerun derby than the game ...
      by Published on 06-26-2006 06:39 PM
      1. Categories:
      2. Slant

It's a Matter of Debating.

Second Chance Theory
      The theory states that if an individual may possess the ability to run a 40 time that impresses a scout, is able to score inside and outside on a basketball court, happens to be a left-handed pitcher that throws upwards of 98 miles per hour and has control, or has a triple deke fancier than anything Emilio Estevez or Joshua ...
      Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast