Thread: Andruw threatening to hold out

MLB ERA

Andruw threatening to hold out

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...222braves.html

Just kidding.. .

I didn't realize this was the last year on his contract, but he says he wants to stay a Brave and he isn't going to worry about the financials until the season's over. I think JS and the Braves will do whatever it takes to keep him, so I am not worried.

This part did scare me a little:
    The last time he was close to free agency, Andruw Jones and his father went around powerful agent Scott Boras and worked out a six-year contract below market value with the Braves. It's safe to say Boras will be directly involved in the next negotiations for his client, the eight-time Gold Glove winner who led the majors with 51 homers and the National League with 128 RBIs last season.

I just hope BorASS doesn't have anything to say about Andruw leaving.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I knew it was getting close, but I thought he had 2 years remaining. Oh well, at least we know that he will be playing even harder since he is in a contract year I hope we lock him up long term and he retires a Brave. I am sick of seeing life long Braves retire else where.

MLB ERA
    I would say I hope he comes to the Yankees but they already have Bubba, and that waste of money I call ugly monkey

AA ERA
    I'm pretty sure the Yanks would welcome Andruw over Bubba and Damon any day of the week... But, being a Boston fan I would much rather see them have them 2 than Andruw lol
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett