Thread: Bye bye Raffy. Furcal signs with LA

Braves Bye bye Raffy. Furcal signs with LA

Rafael Furcal has agreed in principle to a three-year, $40 million contract with the Dodgers, according to the Los Angeles Times.
    He's expected to undergo a physical tomorrow and the deal could be announced on Monday. It's a great contract for Furcal, who will likely be able to land another big deal in three years at age 31. The Dodgers will put Furcal at shortstop and likely leave Jeff Kent at second to start the season. Kent could then move to first base when Cesar Izturis returns in July, although Izturis' lack of offense at second would be a real problem. Perhaps this increases the chances that the Dodgers will go into the season with Hee Seop Choi at first base. They're not going to spend much on a replacement if the plan is for Kent to slide over I'll miss his cannon.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I feel like they should've matched a three year deal.

Now who plays SS now? Betemit, or do they sign someone?

Betemit, probably. We could trade for Lugo, but that's not much of an upgrade. I'd like BJ Upton.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I'm not greatly concerned. We are well stocked at that position on the farm. Just need someone to hold down the fort until the King is ready.