Thread: Braves acquire King Felix's brother for Leo Mazzone

Braves Braves acquire King Felix's brother for Leo Mazzone

Braves acquired RHP Moises Hernandez from the Orioles as compensation for pitching coach Leo Mazzone.
    The 21-year-old is the older brother of Seattle's Felix Hernandez. Moises had a 3.08 ERA and a 56/24 K/BB ratio in 52 2/3 IP for short-season Single-A Aberdeen this season, making seven starts and four relief appearances. He's not regarded as much of a prospect, but if any team can turn him into something, it's probably the Braves.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Braves acquired RHP Moises Hernandez from the Orioles as compensation for pitching coach Leo Mazzone.
    The 21-year-old is the older brother of Seattle's Felix Hernandez. Moises had a 3.08 ERA and a 56/24 K/BB ratio in 52 2/3 IP for short-season Single-A Aberdeen this season, making seven starts and four relief appearances. He's not regarded as much of a prospect, but if any team can turn him into something, it's probably the Braves.
    That's more than I would have given them. I think the Braves did quite well for a pitching coach who is without a contract for next season. The thing is if he's going to turn into something it'll be without the services of Mazzone.

Any talk of who the Braves have in mind to replace him? Maybe they should play the turnabout game and grab Ray Miller from the Orioles.

MLB ERA
    Leo's contract would've expired this November, so whatever. This dude sounds pretty worthless, so it's a wash.

I think Atlanta will probably promote from within.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    if any team can turn him into something, it's probably the Braves.

This statement would be true ... IF THEY HAD MAZZONE TO DO SO.