Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Braves Free Agency

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Worst than the Royals' Gotay and Berroa? Think again.

Agent Paul Kinzer is seeking a five-year deal for Rafael Furcal. He said he doesn't expect Furcal to make any decisions within the next couple of weeks.
    Furcal may make a couple of recruiting trips before deciding where to sign. Neifi Perez called him on Monday night and tried to sell him on the Cubs.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

According to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal, the Yankees could pursue Rafael Furcal as a center fielder.
    That'd hardly fit in with the club's plan to reduce payroll, although it'd be interesting to see the Yankees leave Derek Jeter at shortstop with one more superior defender on the roster. While this is an extreme longshot, you can be sure Furcal's agent would love to see the Yankees involved until the end.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Agent Paul Kinzer is seeking a five-year deal for Rafael Furcal. He said he doesn't expect Furcal to make any decisions within the next couple of weeks.
    Furcal may make a couple of recruiting trips before deciding where to sign. Neifi Perez called him on Monday night and tried to sell him on the Cubs.
    bruce levine of WMVP chicago is saying the cubs are seriously recruiting him. (well, the players are now). Neifi has called him, so has Aramis Ramirez and Greg Maddux, all guaranteeing him that he will win a gold glove with derrek at first base. and its also expected that the cubs are more than willing to go 10 per for 4 years.

how much are the braves supposedly willing to offer him?
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Not 10 mil, that's for sure. I'd think they wouldn't go over 8.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Here's a thought I personally like.

Roger Clemens files for free agency.

Atlanta swoops in after him.

Yes! Do it.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

And he closes games for us, brilliant! I love it!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bah.
    Sosa can close.
    Clemens can anchor the rotation with Smoltz, Hudsuck, and ...yeah.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

The Braves and Cubs are among the teams that reportedly have contacted free agent Alex Gonzalez.
    The Marlins have yet to show any interest in keeping Gonzalez and probably won't unless he's willing to accept a one-year deal.

Free agent Kyle Farnsworth may soon be offered a three-year deal to return to the Tigers.
    The Yankees are another team rather interested in Farnsworth. It looks like he'll end up getting at least $5 million per year.

I would not mind seeing him back as our closer at all. Him or Hoffman would make me happy.

FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal believes free agent Todd Jones could end up closing for the Orioles, Indians or Reds or setting up for the Cardinals.
    The Braves are also interested, depending on what happens with Trevor Hoffman and Kyle Farnsworth. It's believed that Jones would prefer to remain in the South.

Kyle Farnsworth's agent, Barry Meister, guessed yesterday that his client will agree to a new contract this week.
    No hints as to who he might sign with. Farnsworth is being pursued by the Yankees and Tigers, among others. Also, the Braves could be looking to re-sign him.

The Braves and Rays discussed Julio Lugo again on Tuesday, a source told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
    If Rafael Furcal leaves, the Braves would like another top-of-the-order threat to replace him at shortstop. The Rays could be interested in some combination of Johnny Estrada, Wilson Betemit and young pitching.

Rafael Furcal's agent, Paul Kinzer, met with the Braves on Tuesday and an associate met with the Dodgers. Kinzer said Furcal would likely decide between those two teams and the Cubs by Monday.
    Kinzer's meeting with Atlanta didn't seem to go very well. He said the Braves have bettered their original offer, now offering at least a guaranteed fourth year. Still, it's unlikely they've come all that close to the offers from the Cubs and Dodgers. Fortunately for Atlanta, Furcal still may choose comfort. "It has never been about the money," Kinzer said. "If it had been, the Braves and Cubs would have been [out of the running] already. There were at least three teams from major markets that would have gone higher than the Braves and Cubs." For what it's worth, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution believes he's leaning toward joining the Cubs.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Rafael Furcal's agent, Paul Kinzer, met with the Braves on Tuesday and an associate met with the Dodgers. Kinzer said Furcal would likely decide between those two teams and the Cubs by Monday.
    Kinzer's meeting with Atlanta didn't seem to go very well. He said the Braves have bettered their original offer, now offering at least a guaranteed fourth year. Still, it's unlikely they've come all that close to the offers from the Cubs and Dodgers. Fortunately for Atlanta, Furcal still may choose comfort. "It has never been about the money," Kinzer said. "If it had been, the Braves and Cubs would have been [out of the running] already. There were at least three teams from major markets that would have gone higher than the Braves and Cubs." For what it's worth, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution believes he's leaning toward joining the Cubs.
    Hed be going from a team with some problems in the playoffs to a team that is lucky to even sniff the playoffs . Stay in Atlanta and be guarenteed a playoff spot for as long as John Schuerholtz and Bobby Cox are there. The future is bright in Atlanta, Chicago is a holy mess.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast