Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves Free Agency

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd love it if he was dealt.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

LaRoche is a Gold Glove 1B with 30 HR power and a decent OBP. And he's young and cheap. Lets NOT trade him. Trade HoRam and Estrada.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

The Braves are making re-signing Rafael Furcal their No. 1 priority this offseason.
    "John [Schuerholz] has been working as hard as he can work to get that done," manager Bobby Cox said Monday. Furcal said he'd prefer to stay with the Braves, but wouldn't turn down a far more lucrative offer from another team.

I sure hope Raffy is brought back. I love Furcal to death and would hate to see him leave.

MLB ERA
    I want to see Furcal set the major league record for errors as the Mets' second basemen.

If he demands a long-term deal, then let him walk.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    What do you guys think about moving Chipper to first and letting Betemit playing third fulltime if Furcal is signed? I think it would help Chipper alot to keep healthy and give one less worry for the future. Betemit played one hell of a third for you guys and just wanted to know your thoughts.

I was hoping to have something like this happen:

1B Chipper
    SS Betemit or Furcal if he's back
    3B Marte

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He'll never win a gold glove, he'll never hit 30 homeruns in a season, he'll never be anything more than a white sucky version of Tony Clark.

Mark it. Remember it.
    Ted

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yeah I don't see him winnign a GG anytime soon and as far as 30 homers? That's a stretch and plus he's a low average guy. Estrada could get some interest but who would catch then?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    McCann is capable. I don't mind moving Estrada if the right deal comes along. I'd rather them get rid of Mr. ADD at first base though.
    Ted

Move Estrada before Laroche. At least until Saltamacchia is ready.

Rafael Furcal's agent again indicated yesterday that the shortstop would be willing to play second base for the Mets.
    Furcal has experience playing second in winter ball, so it wouldn't be a difficult adjustment for him, even if it would be a waste of talent to play him anywhere other than shortstop. Furcal is probably going to sign with another team and remain a shortstop, but since big spenders like the Yankees and Red Sox won't be involved, the smart play would be to try to keep the Mets in it until the last minute.

Marlins declined RHP Antonio Alfonseca's $2.75 million club option for 2006.
    Alfonseca was to get a two-year, $4.75 million contract from Florida before his back problem was discovered last December. The contract ended up turning into an incentive-laden, one-year deal with an option for 2006, and when Alfonseca posted a 4.94 ERA in 27 1/3 IP, this became an easy decision for the Marlins. They might offer him a lesser salary to stick around.

Back to the Braves, hmm?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Could you imagine Reyes and Furcal turning double plays? That would make any pitcher's year if that happened.

Only if Reyes is in a Braves uniform.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That would probably be the worst OBP of any double play combo since joe mcewing turned it with ____.
    Ted

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast