Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn For Andrew Jones?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Let's just say Jones and Dunn are equal as far as hitting goes...Jones is faster, better defensively, and plays CF. Dunn almost had 200 k's last year and has over 100 already. K's are wasted outs because you most likely won't advance runners, knock in runners, or anything. And Dunn is only 2 years younger; I'd take Jones if I had a choice between the 2 of them.
    Dunn has been a better hitter over his career, and has played for three fewer years. Strikeouts are just another out. The Reds lead the NL in Strikeouts and Runs Scored. Adam Dunn puts up a lot of Strikeouts and helps lead to a lot of those Runs as well.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    .. yet they are still a terrible team.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    More issue deflecting.

I never argued that we are not terrible these days(despite being near the top in World Championships), but that has nothing to do with Dunn's offense. As I said, the Reds lead the NL in Runs Scored. Dunn doesn't pitch, and the Reds pitching staff has been one of the worst in MLB History this year.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    he would create more runs if he k'd less.

And Jones has been a better defender in his career. If I had to choose, I'd take Jones. That's my opinion whether you like it or not and you won't change my mind on that because I think a CF that is an above average hitter with some power and great defense is more valuable to a team than Dunn. That's just my opinion and I never said Dunn sucked or anything. If Jones wasn't a CF and sucked on defense, then I'd take Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    No. And I saw your argument on that other location. The individuals you were arguing with are among those who have done EXTENSIVE research about how Runs score and how good Dunn is at doing those things that lead to Runs being scored. They have had their analysis published in several of the more well known baseball books.
    My point has nothing to do with stats CRF. My point was that Braves fans would in no way consider trading Jones for Dunn.

So after reading 4 pages of comments what do you think of my prediction?

No question, but what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    No. And I saw your argument on that other location. The individuals you were arguing with are among those who have done EXTENSIVE research about how Runs score and how good Dunn is at doing those things that lead to Runs being scored. They have had their analysis published in several of the more well known baseball books.
    I'm not going to repeat what they say about statistics, geeks and liars but I will say this, if stats ran baseball teams Bill James would be a GM and not an "advisor".

You're using stats to say that Dunn is better than Jones but when you get too caught up in stats you forget what Jones looks like as he roams CF, how he sprints around the bases and other intangibles. Those that watch Andrew Jones everyday want not part with him for Adam Dunn.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    No question, but what's your point?
    Point is, if Dunn is truly a Top 15 player then he should have made a larger impact on the W-L column. You don't need superb pitching to win games. Just enough to get by.

MLB ERA
    Point is, if Dunn is truly a Top 15 player then he should have made a larger impact on the W-L column. You don't need superb pitching to win games. Just enough to get by.
    Care to name even a rotation of guys that the reds have had the past 5 years that would even reach mediocre level? Dunn has not been the Reds problem the GMS (yes im lumping both Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber into this) bring in crappola and expect it to shine like a Bentley. Jimmie Haynes was our ace at one point that should tell you about the shape of our staff. To say dunn isnt one of the best right now because of the TEAM W-L record is really stupid, it takes a team to win regardless of how great a single player is.

Also if your right then what would that mean about Tim Brown, Chris Carter, Dan Marino, Cal Ripken, Ron Santo, Ted Williams none of them won anything either and all are considered legends in their sports and all time greats I guess they were a bunch of worthless bums since they couldnt "single handly" carry theeir team to wins.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    LOL, take one statement & take it to the extreme.

Impossible to talk any sense in to homers.

Have you looked at the Reds ERA amongst starters? It is higher than Colorado's. Adam Dunn won today's game for us yet we're still a sucky team. There's only so much he can do.

He's led the team to scoring the most runs in the league. What more can he do?

MLB ERA
    LOL, take one statement & take it to the extreme.

Impossible to talk any sense in to homers.
    Again I ask Care to name a single rotation of guys the Reds have had that would even be Mediocre?

And just so you know, Jones for Dunn would be both teams trying to fit round pegs in square holes.

BTW whats your opinion on Ted Williams? I mean he never won nothing.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Comparing Dunn to the greatest hitter of all time.

Way to go there.

MLB ERA
    Your the one who said Dunn wasnt all that great since his teams havent won nothing, so i thought Id throw some other names out there.

Again I ask can you name a rotation of Reds that would even make it to the level of MEDIOCRE.

And here is your EXACT QUOTE....

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    When Dunn is in the HOF, then you can come here and talk shit. As of now, he is nowhere close to a Top 15 player.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast