Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn For Andrew Jones?

MLB ERA
    Lots of ignoring of facts in this thread. Statistics support that Dunn is one of the top 15 players in the game right now. Certain individuals have researched this and proven it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Well, keep ****ing dreaming then, because this won't happen in your wildest ****ing dreams.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    God of suck.

I hope that's a joke. He is one of the top 15 players in baseball, and he's still one of the youngest players too.

I can post many statistics if you don't believe me.

A couple of years ago, there was an argument against him being one of the best players in the game, but there's not anymore.

It's been repeated by some who have researched things extensively, but I'll say it again: strikeouts are just another out!
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

He's not top 20, but he is a damn good player. Andruw Jones is much better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    This is/was the first I had heard/seen this brought up. I hadnt visited Redszone in a long while and this just seemed like two teams trying to fit round pegs in square holes.
    I doubt the Reds and Braves have ever discussed such a trade. My point is how avid Reds fans tend to overrate their own...Dunn in this instance. I've gotten responses like these as to the question Do you think the Braves would trade Andrew Jones one for one?

"They'd be stupid not to"
    and
    "yep, they wouldn't think twice either."
    and
    "Andruw Jones is owed 26 million bucks for the next 2 years and is having a career year.

The Braves would gladly pay Dunn 15 - 18 million for those two years and find another CF."

Personally I'm trying to tell them they're acting like homers and overrating Adam Dunn since I have yet to hear a non Cincinnati Red fan echo such opinions.

I always strive to be objective so I'm trying to get other opinions. My opinion is 9 out of 10 Braves fans would not agree to trade Jones for Dunn one on one. But please enlighten me as I'm here to broaden my horizons beyond the scope of one team.

Although the Reds are my one and only favorite baseball team, I do sometimes get disgusted with the homerism that comes from a few of their fans. Best example is Pete Rose. For a decade I argued with them that Pete really did bet on baseball and it wasn't a Bart Giamatti conspiracy. To this day there are still a "few" who think that Pete is still innocent and only said he bet on baseball so he could convince Selig he is worthy of the Hall.

Hey dude, Pete Rose was the Man, and Adam Dunn is definitely top 50 player. But, he is not Andruw Jones. There is no one in the league that can net Andruw Jones from the Braves. No one. Not Pujols, not Lee, not Prior, not Jesus.

PS: Sea Ray, rep coming your way.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think that Wally guy's quote sums up Dunn the best. And who wants the next Rob Deere? Andruw's defense alone is worth more.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    I hope that's a joke. He is one of the top 15 players in baseball, and he's still one of the youngest players too.

I can post many statistics if you don't believe me.

A couple of years ago, there was an argument against him being one of the best players in the game, but there's not anymore.

It's been repeated by some who have researched things extensively, but I'll say it again: strikeouts are just another out!
    He is a good player on a sucky team. Period. And that will probably remain for the rest of his career, unless he is lucky enough to get traded. Which I think Cincy ought to do, because he is the only way they can get some pitching prospects to build around.

Can we get a view on this from another team's fan's perspective?

MLB ERA
    Statistic time:

Dunn(despite hitting 6th/7th in the Reds lineup often this year) is 10th in MLB in Runs scored, behind only: Pujols, Lee, Damon, Jeter, A-Rod, Teixeira, Young, Ortiz and Cabrera

Dunn is tied for 3rd in HR in MLB, behind only Lee and Jones(who is having a career year by far)

Dunn is 24th in MLB in RBI, again despite hitting 6th/7th in the lineup for most of the year. If he had hit 3rd/4th all year, he obviously would have more

He is 3rd in MLB in Walks, behind just Giles and Abreu

He is 3rd in MLB in strikeouts, but some OTHER names in the top 10 with him are: Wilkerson, Burrell, Bay, Edmonds

He is 9th in MLB in OBP, behind only: Lee, Giles, Pujols, Abreu, A-Rod, Roberts, Helton and Cabrera

He is 10th in MLB in SLG percentage, behind only: Lee, Cabrera, Pujols, Ramirez, Ensberg, Tejada, A-Rod, Jones, and Manny

He is 7th in MLB in OPS, which correlates more closely than any offensive stat to Runs Scored, behind only: Lee, Pujols, Cabrera, A-Rod, Roberts and Ensberg. He is a bit more hot hitting away from being in the top 5(in the neighborhood of Lee, Pujols, Cabrera, A-Rod).

Oh, and if that's not enough, he also has 75.5 Runs Created this year, which translates to 8.18 RC/27, meaning if the team were made up of nine Adam Dunn's, the team would average over 8 runs per game. Only a few players can lay claim to better numbers than that.

If I haven't posted enough stats., I have a few more I can show you.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    I think that Wally guy's quote sums up Dunn the best. And who wants the next Rob Deere? Andruw's defense alone is worth more.
    Dunn isn't even close to Rob Deere. Not even remotely close.

Do stats show leadership and motivational skills? Cause the Reds are in last place and the Braves are leading the WC.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Won't be long before they lead the division ;D
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    Do stats show leadership and motivational skills? Cause the Reds are in last place and the Braves are leading the WC.
    No, but they do show number of World Championships(the only thing that ultimately matters). I would gladly compare with most teams.

When's the last time Adam Dunn has made the playoffs?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast