Thread: Minor wants trade instead of AAA

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Braves Minor wants trade instead of AAA

GM Frank Wren told David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Mike Minor is the “incumbent” in the competition for the Braves' final rotation spot because of his experience and left-handedness. However, Minor says he would prefer not to go to Triple-A if he fails to earn a rotation spot after pitching well.

“Then there’s no reason I shouldn’t pitch in the big leagues somewhere,” he said. “If they don’t have room for me here, then there’s no reason they shouldn’t trade me or just do something with me.”

Minor, 24, clarified his comments to manager Fredi Gonzalez and some teammates, according to MLB.com's Mark Bowman (Twitter links). Minor says the Braves should trade him if he hasn't earned a lasting spot in the Major Leagues by next year.

Minor owns a 4.74 ERA with 8.8 K/9 and 3.0 BB/9 in 123 1/3 innings at the Major League level. The 2009 first rounder made 15 starts for the Braves last year and another 16 at Triple-A. He is currently vying for the fifth spot in the Braves’ rotation, along with prospects Julio Teheran and Randall Delgado.
    Sadly for Minor, he has no choice in the matter and is up against fierce competition but I do see where he is coming from. The Braves could get a piece or two for Minor though considering they did very little this offseason.

MLB ERA

Re: Minor wants trade instead of AAA

There has to be a good minor leagues joke to be made here but I'm too lazy to think of it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Minor wants trade instead of AAA

We would gladly give them Nate McLouth back for Minor. It's a win-win. Last time, they had to trade 3 top 10 prospects for him(none of them really panned out), now they'd only have to send one young pitcher.