Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
Chipper Jones told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday that he plans to return next season.
"I’m playing next year," said Jones, who will make $14 million in 2012 in the final guaranteed year of a three-year, $42 million contract. "I still feel like I can go out there and play a good third base and be a threat, at least, at the plate. I’m having a good defensive year and the [batting] average is on the rise." There has been some speculation that Jones would walk away after this season, but this decision doesn't come as a surprise. While the veteran third baseman has struggled to stay healthy, he has produced when in the lineup, entering play Friday with a .271/.345/.455 batting line to go along with 11 homers and an .800 OPS over 374 plate appearances
Well it appears that Chipper will be back next season. I'm glad to see him coming back and I believe he still has the ability to give what the Braves need at the hot corner. Would be a bonus if he can hang around for 3000 hits. Your thoughts?

Oh and hello all.