Thread: Braves Acquire Derek Lee

MLB ERA

Braves Braves Acquire Derek Lee

This wasn't the time of year for the Braves to find themselves dealing with the fact that they weren't going to be getting the middle-of-the-lineup production that they had projected to receive from Chipper Jones and Troy Glaus.

But when general manager Frank Wren managed to acquire veteran first baseman Derrek Lee from the Cubs on Wednesday, he produced another reason to wonder if good fortune is destined to continue surrounding his club before manager Bobby Cox retires at the end of this season.

Less than a week after learning that Jones had suffered a season-ending left knee injury, Wren restrengthened the middle of his lineup with the acquisition of Lee, who should provided the Braves the consistency that they've lacked while Glaus has battled sore knees and ankles over the past two months.

"With the loss of Chipper, we felt we really need to improve the middle of our lineup," Wren said. "Derrek Lee was the best guy out there that was available."
    Braves get Lee from Cubs for prospects | MLB.com: News

.251 AVG, 56 RBI and 16 HR. We'll see how much he can help the Braves. It would be nice for Bobby Cox to finish his career with a great season so I wouldn't mind seeing Lee giving them a lot. It will just be interesting to see if he can. Just another disappointing season over in Chicago.
    Last edited by BuckFoston; 08-19-2010 at 02:46 PM.

MLB ERA

Re: Braves Acquire Derek Lee

And I am also a ****ing idiot because I forgot Leo already posted this in the Hot Of The Wire section. Please delete this thread.