Thread: Trade deadline

MLB ERA

Braves Trade deadline

What do you guys think.. should the Braves make a move?

If they do, I want to see more fire power in the OF.. but Heyward and Diaz are coming off injuries, so I don't know what I want

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Trade deadline

I don't know if you would want to deal with the fielding issues, but I always thought Adam Dunn would be a good fit in Atlanta. Would bring a lot of power and I think he would be pretty happy down there, plus it would be fairly close to home for him.

MLB ERA

A bat like his would sure be nice. Not sure what the asking price is like and how many years are remaining on his contract.

As it stands now, I see Atlanta as a scrappy team that plays good defense and pitches really well (in the pen and rotation). Just hope they can keep up their current pace into October.

MLB ERA

I'm guessing there will be no trades for an outfielder after bringing in Alex Gonzalez.

You'd think Hinske/Diaz in left field is good enough, and our CF depth depresses me too much to even bring up.

MLB ERA

McClouth has been hitting pretty well in his rehab stint and is about to join the team, as is Heyward. With those two, Hinske, Diaz, Blanco, and Infante, I don't expect to see any moves. They aren't sexy names, but all of those guys have either been playing really well or have talent and played well before. Not to mention that two of them are All-Stars.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would just leave it at as good players, the tag "all-star" doesn't carry much weight this day and age. I'd really like to see McClouth make a comeback, he could be a real solid player with his power. I would never go back to leading him off either, leave him low and let him build up confidence. The lineup could be really deep if he and Alex Gonzalez are like 7th and 8th hitters.

I'd wish for a splurge for Roy Oswalt, I'm just never going to be a fan of some of our starting pitchers. They're okay, they're solid.. I feel more comfortable with a real good starting pitching in there with Hudson and Hanson. Jurrjens had a nice start to the second half of the season tonight. We'll see.

I'd venture to say that the Gonzalez trade is the most notable trade made unless they suddenly got a little frisky.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ajcbraves
    might be poised for Cody Ross offer if McLouth doesn't impress.
    I haven't seen much of Ross but I know McLouth is okay but had issues before his injury.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You had your power hitter when we traded you guys Gary Sheffield for "Trash" and a BJ. I'm still bitter over that blockbuster, er, blockhead trade.