Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubs @ Braves

MLB ERA

Braves Cubs @ Braves

(0-0) @ (0-0)

4/5 Game 1: Carlos Zambrano (0-0, -.-- ERA) vs. Derek Lowe (0-0, -.-- ERA)

4/7 Game 2: Ryan Dempster (0-0, -.-- ERA) vs. Jair Jurrjens (0-0, -.-- ERA)

4/8 Game 3: Randy Wells (0-0, -.-- ERA) vs. Tommy Hanson (0-0, -.-- ERA)

It's that time of year again. The Braves will begin the season against the Cubs in Atlanta. I do not care for how they play the first game and the second game is two days later. That's just because I want a game on everyday. The Angels play Tuesday so I'll watch them play. The players want to end the year with a World Series win to send Bobby Cox off on a good note.
    Last edited by DravenX; 04-04-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Re: Cubs @ Braves

Jason Heyward hits a 3-run home run to make it 6-3 Braves in the bottom of the 1st. Simply amazing. I just wished I could of been there.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Jason Heyward hits a 3-run home run to make it 6-3 Braves in the bottom of the 1st. Simply amazing. I just wished I could of been there.
    The crowd erupted. That was awesome.

Let us hope Lowe settles down now.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Heyward hype is going to be insane(r.) Please, if you own him in a fantasy league, let me know what sort of ridiculous offers you get for him.

MLB ERA

I wanted to get Heyward on Yahoo but he wasn't on the list.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jeff Samardzija should have stayed with football.

Good debut for pinch hitter/super sub Eric Hinske. That and the fact it's proof he's still alive.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Yeah Heyward, hoo boy.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA

Absolutely owned today. It's the first time in over a decade I haven't watched the Cubs on OD, but I'm actually glad to have missed this one.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Heyward hype is going to be insane(r.) Please, if you own him in a fantasy league, let me know what sort of ridiculous offers you get for him.
    I sure will (:

MLB ERA

I have him in both leagues and had him on the bench.. .missed the HR, but still did OK in both leagues with Vlad in the lineup... I think I will entertain offers because it will be a hard choice putting Heyward in in place of ones like Bay, Vlad, Ethier, etc.... still always leery of a rookie offensive player getting regular playing time
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

I had to listen to the game while I was driving back to school, but needless to say I was screaming and pumping my fists all down the interstate after Heyward hit that bomb. Don Sutton and Jim Powell were pretty good as describing the scene, both during the homer and after. Yesterday's game was outstanding, other than the obvious concerns about Derek Lowe. Although it's generally meaningless, it sure was nice to see the new offense score some runs.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    I have him in both leagues and had him on the bench.. .missed the HR, but still did OK in both leagues with Vlad in the lineup... I think I will entertain offers because it will be a hard choice putting Heyward in in place of ones like Bay, Vlad, Ethier, etc.... still always leery of a rookie offensive player getting regular playing time
    Yeah, I have my concerns too. Not that he won't be a great player, but if he is worth a starting position if you have a strong outfield. If it's not a keeper, you could sell high and buy low later as he deals with pitchers adjusting and better scouting reports on his AB.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Heyward is a good looking young player. Only 20 years old and in the majors. I see NL Rookie of the year for him. His swing to be is better that Griffey JR's. Sweet swing!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

So far I am not pleased with Troy Glaus.

MLB ERA

Me neither. I haven't been able to watch him yet though, only listen to the games. I'm in the Chicago market right now, but the White Sox are on WGN and the Blackhawks are on Comcast, so the game isn't on tv.. Yet still blacked out on mlb.tv.. Ugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast