Thread: Smoltz to be TBS analyst

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Braves Smoltz to be TBS analyst

He'll work for the MLB Network as well. He also says he's not officially retired, so who knows. He's good for TV, though.\

Hall of Famer, yes? Nay?

NEW YORK -- John Smoltz is embarking on a career as an analyst for Turner Broadcasting and the MLB Network, although he's not quite ready to say he's thrown his final major league pitch.

"I know the question comes up: Does that mean you retired?" the 42-year-old Smoltz said Tuesday. "Officially no. But in my life when I make a decision about something and I say something, my whole character is to live by it. At this point I'm not officially prepared to say I'm done. But that may not mean anything to the degree that makes me play either."
    Smoltz has 213 wins and 154 saves, spending 20 seasons with Atlanta. An eight-time All-Star, he won the NL Cy Young Award in 1996.
    John Smoltz joins TBS as analyst - ESPN
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: Smoltz to be TBS analyst

Wish he could join Fox Sports South or Peachtree TV, or even the Braves radio team.. That would be awesome. Hopefully that will happen one day. But he's definitely going to be good.

And yes, but I'm biased. Still think it's a yes though.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't know, I just can't see this lasting. I see him pulling a Clemens, minus the steroids and general jackassery that is Roger though of course. Nobody wants to finish out their career coming in late to a camp. I bet we'll hear of some throwing sessions in the next month or two with scouts coming out and hype building.

He'll be a great analyst though, and he is a HoF in my book, albeit with not very typical HoF stat line.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Hahaha, he said
    jackassery
    I am starting to get excited about every good to great retired player from baseball moving over to the MLB Network. This could open up a lot of different types of programming that we may not have imagined before.

And I agree, I see Smoltz doing like Pedro did last year. I would bet the Braves would take him back if they were in contention and in need of a starter come August.

Rookie ERA

I'd love to see the Cubs pick him up for the bullpen spot Guzman left. But thats probably just wishful thinking.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941