Thread: Glavine; the broadcaster/FO?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Braves Glavine; the broadcaster/FO?

Per rotoworld:

Tom Glavine is talking to the Braves about accepting a role as an announcer or a front-office executive for the upcoming season.

Glavine was considering a comeback this winter but he probably didn't get many phone calls. He had a 5.54 ERA and 1.64 WHIP in 63 1/3 innings for the Braves in 2008 and turns 44 this March. "We're talking about a hodgepodge of things," Glavine said Thursday. "I don't want to commit to something and then determine that I don't like it or that the club doesn't like me in that role. That's why I may get a taste of a couple of different things."

What do you guys think? If he were to be put in the FO, I wonder what capacity it would be. If I remember correctly, he was on the board for the player's union. He could very well have a lot of players who trust him and would do a lot for him. Just my speculation...

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Glavine; the broadcaster/FO?

Interesting to see that the Braves are making this move after many here questioned their loyalty to their star players of the past as a result of their treatment of Smoltz and his departure.

Holy run on...