Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillies-Braves series thread

Braves Phillies-Braves series thread

Woo! Andruw went yard..what else is new. Kelly went yard as well. 7-1 Braves, end 8th. Even Kolb couldn't blow a lead this big.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Why not post a professional article instead of my lame game summary? Per ESPN:

John Smoltz won his fifth straight start, and Andruw Jones and Kelly Johnson each hit three-run homers to lead the Atlanta Braves to a 9-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday night. Adam LaRoche hit a two-run homer in the ninth to make it 9-1. Smoltz continued his run of brilliant starts, improving to 5-0 with three complete games in his last five starts. The 38-year-old Smoltz went 5-1 with a 2.50 ERA in June with complete games in his last two starts.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Picking up Johnson has been the best fantasy move I've made since acquiring Carlos Lee and Brian Roberts at the beginning of the season. Woooo!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And the phillies deep down inside are totally missing Marlon Byrd and Anderson.
    Ted

Jorge Sosa is a dumbass. 2-2 count on Abreu...walk. Okay, fine. 0-2 count on Pat Burrel...walk. WHAT THE ****? Okay...okay...calm down...Ryan Howard's next....HOME****INGRUN!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    whorehayyyyy
    Ted

We're so *****ing: came back and won this damn thing! 4-3 the Final!

Major bump.

Atlanta (83-60) at Philadelphia (75-68), 7:05 pm EDT

PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Closing in on a 14th consecutive division title, the Atlanta Braves look for their ninth win in 11 outings when they meet the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday.

With a seven-game lead over second-place Florida in the National League East, Atlanta's magic number to clinch the title is down to 13.

Tim Hudson (12-7, 3.32 ERA) will start on Monday. Hudson has won his last four decisions and is 6-2 since the All-Star break for the Braves. He did not get a decision against the New York Mets on Wednesday after surrendering two runs and eight hits in eight innings.

Andruw Jones belted his major league-leading 49th homer right after a two-run shot by Chipper Jones in the ninth inning as the Braves escaped with a 9-7 triumph over Washington on Sunday.

The Phillies counter with rookie Eude Brito (0-0, 2.79), who makes his third start of the season after filling in for the injured Vicente Padilla. In his last outing against Washington on September 3, he gave up two runs and six hits in four innings, but did not figure in the decision.

Philadelphia took two of three games from the Marlins this past weekend, outscoring them, 29-13. Pat Burrell belted his 30th homer in Sunday's 11-1 triumph.

The Phillies trail Atlanta by eight games in the division race and are 1 1/2 games behind Houston in the wild card.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Should be a tough series. I expect these games to come down to their closers, Farnsworth and Wagner.

I expect the Braves to take 2.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I expect the phillies to be like the phillies and choke.
    Ted

I can only hope.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I so didn't call that shit.
    Ted

Well, you can't win all of them.

4-4 so far. Andruw Jones with 3 RBI and a double, Francoeur is 2 for 3. Thomson lasted 5 innings, gave up 4.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast