Thread: Giants @ Braves

MLB ERA

Braves Giants @ Braves

(50-41) @ (46-46)

7/20 Game 1: Jonathan Sanchez (3-8, 4.69 ERA) vs. Tommy Hanson (4-0, 2.85 ERA)

7/21 Game 2: Ryan Sadowski (2-1, 1.00 ERA) vs. Derek Lowe (8-7, 4.40 ERA)

7/22 Game 1: Tim Lincecum (10-2, 2.27 ERA) vs. Jair Jurrjens (8-7, 2.77 ERA)

7/23 Game 1: Barry Zito (5-10, 4.89 ERA) vs. Kenshin Kawakami (5-7, 4.15 ERA)

I thought I would put up another series thread. I am hoping I can keep this up for the rest of the season. I am hoping for at least 3 out of 4 here. I like Game1, 2 and 4. Game 3 will depend on run support. Jurrgens I know hasn't gotten a lot of run support so the offense needs to come alive against Lincecum.

I am hoping I can get internet in my tiny room out here so maybe I will have enough bandwidth to at least listen to the games.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Re: Giants @ Braves

I knew Game 1 would be good for the Braves. Hanson had an outstanding night and a record setting night. Setting an Atlanta rookie record with 11 strikeouts over 7 innings. I wish I could of seen it.

Game 2 is hit or miss. If Lowe can live up to what he can be than tomorrow will be another great game for the Braves.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

So far so good for the offense in this series. Tonight will be the real test against Lincecum. They need to keep this streak alive. The Phillies can not run away with the division. Now is the time to racking up some wins.

MLB ERA

JJ was amazing and the offense in the form of Escobar came alive to defeat the Giants. The Phillies winning streak ended as well. So now is a perfect time to gain some ground. Even if they don't wni the division. I would totally settle for the WC. It's too early to tell but I know they can pull it off.

MLB ERA

I had hight hopes for the final game in the series but the bullpen couldn't hold on. Figures. Next is a three game series against the Brewers.