Thread: Infante Out 2 Months

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Braves Infante Out 2 Months

Omar Infante will go on the DL after suffering a broken bone in his left hand when he was hit by a pitch Wednesday.
    He could miss two months. It'd be a bigger loss if the Braves were using Infante correctly and giving him time in the outfield. Since he's been used strictly in the infield, the Braves won't lose much by giving his starts to Martin Prado, who now has some extra value. Prado, though, isn't an option at shortstop, so expect Diory Hernandez to be called up to back up Yunel Escobar.
    Tough blow for the Braves. He was hitting .349 as primarily a backup player and helped the Braves stay afloat while Escobar was hurting for a bit. He is a great utility man and will be missed on the field.

MLB ERA

Re: Infante Out 2 Months

Actually he had been seeing regular playing time in place of Kelly Johnson, and doing a great job offensively. He was also the backup CF behind Schafer, who has a sore back, so not the best time for this to happen. He seldom plays SS. This is good in the sense that it gives Kelly a chance to get back on track, but it does hurt. Prado is very, very good though, so I think we'll be alright for the two months or so.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Heck, Prado ought to be the regular second baseman instead of Kelly Johnson.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Kelly Johnson=trade bait.

MLB ERA

Kelly Johnson is actually a very good player. He has struggled a ton this year, but his extremely high OBP over his career has been good for the Braves. That being said, Prado is great as well. Neither are All-Stars, but both are solid starters.

Johnson definitely might have been trade bait before this, I'm not so sure now.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah definitely not now but when Infante gets close to coming back I think Johnson can be moved. I know he was involved in trade talks this past winter.