Thread: Astros @ Braves

MLB ERA

Braves Astros @ Braves

(9-13) @ (10-11)

5/1 Game 1: Mike Hampton (1-1, 3.86 ERA) vs. Derek Lowe (2-1, 3.10 ERA)

5/2 Game 2: Roy Oswalt (0-2, 3.94 ERA) vs. Jair Jurrjens (2-2, 1.72 ERA)

5/3 Game 3: Wandy Rodriguez (2-2, 1.69 ERA) vs. Jo-Jo Reyes (0-1, 4.26 ERA)

The Braves really need to come out with at least a series win. However, the Braves should be able to get a sweep if they play well each game but as we all know the Braves bats are not always ready to come out and play but when they are the Braves typically score at least 8+ runs. Game 1 will be interesting to see how Hampton does after wasting most of his contract with the Braves.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Re: Astros @ Braves

Yeah, a sweep right now would be big. A series win is almost a necessity at this point. It's a long season, but you can't hang out below .500. Unfortunately, the pitching matchups are decidedly in the Astros' favor. Tonight's matchup looks good, but Oswalt and Rodriguez are both very good and will be tough to beat, especially if Reyes can't follow up his last start with another good one. The good news is that Oswalt and Rodriguez have traditionally struggled against the Bravos, so let's just hope it'll continue.

Oh, and **** Mike Hampton. I've always liked him, but we got nothing from him for several years. And for a lot of money.

MLB ERA

I really don't know how Reyes is still in the Majors or even pitching at all for that matter. He needs to find a new hobby. First batter is a double. Not looking too good already.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

One to nothing in the bottom of the first. The Braves will need to score a lot with Reyes on the mound so they better get started.

MLB ERA

I don't really see the need to hate on Reyes. He hasn't had a successful big league career so far, but he's only 24 and has really good stuff. Not saying he's going to be amazing, but I don't think he's that terrible either.

MLB ERA

It's hard not to hate on someone who sucks. He'll get in a good start once in a while or the Braves might score 10+ runs to get him the win.