Thread: Braves @ Reds

MLB ERA

Game Braves @ Reds

(7-8) @ (8-6)

4/24 Game 1: Javier Vazquez (1-1, 3.00 ERA) vs. Edinson Volquez (2-1, 6.46 ERA)

4/25 Game 2: Derek Lowe (1-1, 3.27 ERA) vs. Bronson Arroyo (3-0, 4.19 ERA)

4/26 Game 3: Kenshin Kawakami (1-2, 4.76 ERA) vs. Micah Owings (0-2, 5.59 ERA)

I put down Kawakami for Game 3 for now but it is not posted up yet. Jo-Jo Reyes didn't pitch his scheduled start last time. I suppose Cox didn't care for his first outing. Tommy Hanson is 0-2 with a 2.45 ERA in 3 games so far so they might not be ready to call him up quite yet. The Braves really need this series win. The Reds have done pretty decent so far so they need to come through at least in Game 1 & 3. Lowe should fair well against Arroyo.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Re: Braves @ Reds

The Braves take Game 1. Volquez walked way too many batters. He walked in 2 runs with the bases loaded. I hope for a good outing from Lowe tomorrow. We will be heading back home tomorrow afternoon. My vacation is over but I should be back home in time for the game.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Tough loss for the Reds, especially since the Braves benefited so much from Volquez's poor control. It seems like the Reds, the few times I can remember in my life, where they come home early in the season after a very successful road trip almost always find a way to disappoint the home town crowd.

Tomorrow should be a good matchup though, if both pitchers bring their A game, it could be a duel. Oh and BTW, I was really impressed with Schaffer's fielding ability in centerfield.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Derek Lowe tossed a gem today giving up just two runs in seven innings while striking out eight.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I really don't get the guff that some gave Lowe for wanting a contract like Burnett got. The dude is such a good pitcher, so durable year in and year out and just seems like one of those guys that will be effective at 40+.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

But sandwiched between is two less than attractive outings against Florida and Washington, plus that 3 inning outing against Washington in his second start. The reds are a team he should be able to do well against.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Washington wasn't a bad outing, he only gave up 1 ER. I don't know why he left but he wasn't exactly crushed, just was throwing a lot of pitches in his three innings of work, but at 70 pitches you would think he would be able to get through two more innings so I don't understand the pull there.

Still for the money, few pitchers have the potential to be such a bang for the buck. FA pitchers and bad too long contracts go hand in hand and not many pitchers have the potential to be solid each year of their deal like Lowe does.

MLB ERA

He left the Washington start after three innings because of a 2+ hour rain delay. The guy is a stud, I'm so glad the Yankees outbid us for Burnett and Lowe fell in our lap. And I bet the Mets are kicking themselves right now for not paying for Lowe.

Haven't got to watch the games, because mlb.tv feels the need to black me out of Cincinnati games here in South Bend, Indiana, while at home in West Virginia, where I get the Reds on cable, I can watch it on mlb.tv. Completely baffles me. Anyway, pitching again tells the story for the Braves. These guys just keep throwing up quality starts, and there's nothing I like more.

Tomorrow will be interesting, because Kawakami has struggled with the long ball, and the Reds, especially at home, like to hit them. Micah Owings also has good numbers in a couple of starts against the Braves. Should be a good one, hoping to pull out the brooms.

MLB ERA

Well the Braves lost 2-8. Kawakami struggled again and gave up another homer. The Braves at least win the series but I am looking for them to get a few games over .500 and get some distance and hopefully catch the Marlins since they have cooled off a bit.

I'll put up the series against the Cards later today. The Braves will face the Cardinals at home.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

BCshorts corrected KOZ so I don;t have much else because he summed up what I was going to say McCann seems to be out for a while having another eye surgery which sucks.