Thread: Braves @ Pirates

MLB ERA

Game Braves @ Pirates

(5-4) @ (4-5)

4/17 Game 1: Jair Jurrjens (2-0, 2.45 ERA) vs. Paul Maholm (1-0, 1.32 ERA)

4/18 Game 2: Jo-Jo Reyes (0-0, -.-- ERA) vs. Ian Snell (0-2, 7.20 ERA)

4/19 Game 3: Javier Vazquez (0-1, 4.50 ERA) vs. Zach Duke (2-0, 0.59 ERA)

Okay, the Braves are coming off a horrible series against the Marlins. The Braves need to come away with at least 2 out of 3 but always I'm looking for a sweep. They need to stay above .500 throughout the season in order to contend for the Division or at least the Wild Card.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Braves @ Pirates

Shut out by the Pirates. Um, yeah, ouch.

MLB ERA

Tonight it was the offense that was awful. They had the bases loaded with no one out and couldn't get one single run in. They will loss 100 games if they keep this up.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Shut out again...

Double ouch.

Did like what Jojo did until that 6th when the wheels kinda came off. 4 hits from the offense today, 1 from a regular. Can't win many games that way.

MLB ERA

I can't stand Reyes pitching and he isn't helping his cause either. He gave up 5 runs. The Braves can't seem to find any quality pitching.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Braves lineup for today's game scares no one at all. You guys have been shut out two games in a row, so it's hard to imagine that the funk continues for much longer, but how does this lineup get anything done?

1. Infante, SS
    2. Prado, 2B
    3. Jones, 3B
    4. Anderson, LF
    5. Francoeur, RF
    6. Kotchman, 1B
    7. Ross, C
    8. Schafer, CF
    9. Vazquez, P

MLB ERA

I'm happy to see Chipper back. I'm not surprised to see McCain not in the lineup. He might be out for a least a week if he has to do the corrective procedure for his left eye again. I would rather have Kelly Johnson in the lineup. It's 3-0 in the 4th so lets hope they can keep this going and get out of this bad slump they are in.

MLB ERA

Prado just hit a 3 run home run to make it 6-0.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the Prado homer was the backbreaker today. But hey, Duke only threw 83 pitches in 6.

Good series Braves, thanks for letting us get back to .500. (Probably for the last time this year.)

MLB ERA

Nice series for the Pirates. Nothing went the Braves way the first 2 games. Hard hit balls seem to be hit right to someone. Francouer did well but no one else chipped in. The Braves are 0-5 in games that Chipper Jones is not in the lineup. He came back today and they win. After the game Cox stated that Escobar will be back tomorrow against the Nationals.

I will get the series thread against the Nationals before the night is over. Tomorrow it will be Derek Lowe against Jordan Zimmermann. Zimmermann will be making his major league debut.