Thread: Marlins @ Braves

MLB ERA

Game Marlins @ Braves

(5-1) @ (5-1)

4/14 Game 1: Chris Volstad (1-0, 1.80 ERA) vs. Javier Vazquez (0-0, 4.50 ERA)

4/15 Game 2: Andrew Miller (0-0, 3.86 ERA) vs. Derek Lowe (1-0, 0.82 ERA)

4/16 Game 3: Anibal Sanchez (0-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Kenshin Kawakami (1-0, 4.5- ERA)

The Marlins took out the Nationals & the Mets. The Braves took out the Nationals & the Phillies. Now they face each other for a 3 game series in Atlanta.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Re: Marlins @ Braves

Not a good start to the series for the Braves. Vazquez pitched a decent game but got barely no run support. The only run they got was a solo shot by Kelly Johnson. They had a chance with a lead off double in the 5th or 6th inning but couldn't get him around to score.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

They didn't get run support because Volstad pitched a beauty of a game. He has one of the nastiest curve balls in the game! This is still going to be a good series.

MLB ERA

This series is awful. The bullpen sucks. I can't even remember when the Braves had a decent bullpen. Might as well demote everyone in the pen and promote from within the org.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marlins are just a good team. Time for people to start recognizing this!

MLB ERA

Hahaha I'm not sure we should just demote the whole bullpen. You have to remember Lowe is the one that was only able to go five innings and got roughed up for four runs. We did a good job tying the game back up, especially considering Andrew Miller owns us.

Marlins looked good yesterday, can't really comment too much tonight because I was mostly concentrating on the Penguins game. Volstad is the story of the series so far. That, and the fact that the Braves quit hitting about .750 with RISP.

MLB ERA

Didn't get to watch much of today's game either, but an impressive series by the Marlins. Made the Braves look bad.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sanchez looked good but so did Kawakami. Sanchez got out of jams all day and Kawakami had great movement on his pitches but gave up a three run shot to Ross. I don't think we'll ever see Bonifacio ever pull the ball all year. His leadoff days are almost behind him.

MLB ERA

The Braves just looked awful. We shall see how the Marlins season plays out.