Thread: What? Andruw again? Damn..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Humor What? Andruw again? Damn..

ATLANTA -- The Braves will wait for Tom Glavine to meet with doctors next week before deciding whether to offer a one-year contract, and they are mulling whether to sign Andruw Jones.

Glavine made just 13 starts before season-ending elbow surgery and has not thrown off a mound since. The 305-game winner, who turns 43 in March, went 2-4 with a 5.56 ERA in his next season back with the Braves since 2002.

"Our conversations with Tommy are that once he gets to the next step, and he's going to see the doctor next week, then we'll sit down with him," general manager Frank Wren said Friday.

Jones won 10 Gold Gloves as the Braves' center fielder before signing with the Los Angeles Dodgers for the 2008 season.

After reporting to spring training overweight, Jones underwent knee surgery in May, and hit a career-low .158 with three homers, 14 RBIs and 76 strikeouts in 209 at-bats. Unable to trade Jones, the Dodgers released him Thursday and owe him $22.1 million.

Atlanta could sign him for the $400,000 minimum.

"I want to discuss it a little more internally to determine which direction we want to go," Wren said.

Atlanta's outfield currently includes right fielder Jeff Francoeur, center fielder Josh Anderson, reserve Gregor Blanco and left fielder Matt Diaz, who agreed Thursday to a one-year contract worth $1,237,500, a deal the Braves announced Friday.

Francoeur filed for arbitration along with closer Mike Gonzalez, first baseman Casey Kotchman, second baseman Kelly Johnson. Players and clubs swap proposed arbitration figures on Tuesday, with hearings set for next month.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Sure, bring back the 305 game winner, but the 305 lb CF? If this happened, Mofo is gonna stalk me.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: What? Andruw again? Damn..

I just don't see Andruw getting any more than a MLC. I mean, the only teams I've even heard connected to him are the Braves and Mets. The Braves OF would be worse with him, and the Mets are unwilling to pay any type of money for a guy in such a downward spiral.

MLB ERA

And rightly so. He's got so many things going against him. And from what I understand, it's mostly his fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Agreed. He seems to be apathetic and overweight, both of which can be cured by maintaining his body in the offseason. He seriously may have to settle for a MLC or a minimum deal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I wish I had half the talent he once had, a gold glover every year, on track to hit 600 homeruns, hit a homer in the world series as a teenager.. He had hall of fame written on his face. That's all gone unless he re-commits, drastically, re-commits himself to the game. And I say those are very slim chances.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

A perfect example of a true star going right down the drain in 1 season. I don't see the Braves signing him but if by some chance they do I sure hope AJ can bounce back and get himself back on track.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Send him to play ball in the Sumo culture.