Thread: Francoeur Gets In Shape

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Braves Francoeur Gets In Shape

Jeff Francoeur said he has lost 15 to 20 pounds this offseason in an effort to jump-start his stalled career.
    After showing up noticeably heavier last season, Francoeur ended up with a 54-point batting average falloff and a three-day vacation to Double-A Mississippi. His career is at a crossroads this year, and it's hard to believe the weight loss is going to fix his strike zone judgment.
    Unless he figured out how to earn a walk or hit a curve ball, I don;t see how losing weight will help his game. He has one of the best outfield arms in baseball but the guy cannot hit. Maybe he can turn it around. The Braves' season counts on it.

MLB ERA

Re: Francoeur Gets In Shape

He can hit he just needs to be more patient. I sure hope he works on it before Spring Training or he won't be with Atlanta for long.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Francoeur Gets In Shape

I was watching Ken Burns Baseball a few nights ago when it was on the MLB Network and it was funny, I thought about how hilarious it would have been to see Francoeur try to hit some of the old pitchers who had a kitchen sink arsenal of off-speed pitches.

Anyway, it's amazing to think that Francoeur JUST turned 25 as he does have over 2000 AB's. The league's pitchers have adjusted, figured him out and are pitching accordingly. It'll be interesting to see if he can now adjust and learn some plate discipline, he still has the raw talent to be extremely feared if he does make those changes.