Thread: Will Francouer Be A Braves in '09?

MLB ERA

Braves Will Francouer Be A Braves in '09?

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    A source told MLB.com's Mark Bowman that the Reds may have interest in Jeff Francoeur.
    It's not worth reading much into. Francoeur to Cincinnati would make some sense, though, if only because Dusty Baker doesn't want his players clogging up the bases.

Tony Massarotti of the Boston Globe has heard that the Royals and Braves are in serious discussions about a trade that would swap Jeff Francoeur for Zack Greinke.
    According to an NL executive, the only thing holding back the deal is the Braves' impending deal with A.J. Burnett. Royals GM Dayton Moore worked with a young Francoeur while the two were in Atlanta, but there's no way he'd give up Greinke for Francoeur in a one-for-one deal. Other parts would have to be involved. View this one as a long shot.
    I know he has his issues and all but I like Jeff and would like to see him in the lineup next season. I bet he wouldn't be happy with this going on. Going from Braves to the Royals? That would be a big kick in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    ESPN.com's Steve Phillips says there's nothing to a Jeff Francoeur-for-Zack Greinke swap between the Braves and Royals.
    Francoeur to Kansas City has long been a rumor, but it'd only make any sense if the Royals found a taker for Jose Guillen's contract and a deal wouldn't involve Greinke unless it also resulted in top prospects going Kansas City's way.
    This was posted just as I was posting this thread. I sure hope this trade does not happen.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Re: Will Francouer Be A Braves in '09?

Sincerely doubt it.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think he stays. He had a horrid year last year and the Braves can still afford him and have no one better to take his place.

MLB ERA

Doesn't make sense to trade him after the season he just had. You're better off hoping he rebounds, and then explore trade options. Nobody is going to give Atlanta any players for Jeff if he doesn't rebound.