Thread: Hampton Signs With Houston

MLB ERA

Braves Hampton Signs With Houston

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Sources told FOX 26 Sports that the Astros have agreed to terms with Mike Hampton, pending a physical.
    There was nothing to indicate this was close to happening, but it hardly comes as a surprise. The Astros were known to have interest in the left-hander, and it was assumed that Hampton wanted to get closer to his family in Arizona. Hampton pitched for the Astros from 1994-99 and won 22 games in his final season with the club.

Mike Hampton's deal with the Astros is worth $2 million and includes another $2 million in incentives, according to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.
    Sounds like a move Houston had to make at that price. Hampton won't pitch 200 innings, but if he makes even 20 starts, the Astros will have gotten a nice return on their investment. However, it's a must that they keep adding pitching, as they have few decent options as fallbacks in the minors.
    The Braves didn't get much out of him. Now that Hampton is gone pending the physical, the Braves need to get some realiable starters.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Hampton Signs With Houston

Good riddance, what a disappointment.

MLB ERA

Disappointment? What did you expect? He hadn't been that good for 3 years by the time he got to Atlanta!

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Disappointment? What did you expect? He hadn't been that good for 3 years by the time he got to Atlanta!
    I wasn't expecting the moon, just a guy to go out and pitch once in a while.