Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hanson Is A Freak

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Hanson Is A Freak

I really hope the Braves wait to call him up until he is absolutely ready. This kind of dominance, if it translates to the bigs, gives Atlanta a bonafide star if they play it right. The videos I've seen of him just show a big kid with great mound presence and an unbelievable curve (especially if coming after his lively fastball.) The Braves won't regret missing a trade for Peavy if he pans out.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I really hope the Braves wait to call him up until he is absolutely ready. This kind of dominance, if it translates to the bigs, gives Atlanta a bonafide star if they play it right. The videos I've seen of him just show a big kid with great mound presence and an unbelievable curve (especially if coming after his lively fastball.) The Braves won't regret missing a trade for Peavy if he pans out.
    I feel like we will. Otherwise, we would've put him in the rotation to start the year. Bobby Cox and Frank Wren usually have a plan and stick to it. With Glavine's potential injury, it certainly looks like the Braves need another starter. But it's much more likely they'll move Jorge Campillo into the role, or call up Jo Jo Reyes to take his place. Could be wrong, but that's my best bet.

Hanson has so much potential, it's very exciting. He even elicited a comparison to John Smoltz from Chipper, something that means a lot from someone who played with Smoltz for his entire career. Hanson could go a long way.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Tommy Hanson allowed one run in six innings and struck out six for Triple-A Gwinnett on Friday.
    While his record stands at 0-3, Hanson has been effective in three of his four Triple-A starts. He has a 2.18 ERA and a 29/7 K/BB ratio in 20 2/3 innings. There's a real chance that he'll debut before Memorial Day.
    He good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12