Thread: No Surgery For Glavine

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Injury No Surgery For Glavine

An examination by Dr. James Andrews determined that Tom Glavine (elbow) has no ligament damage and may be able to pitch next season.
    The exam confirmed that Glavine has a partial tear in the flexor tendon in his left elbow, which will require surgery and sideline him for 4-5 months. However, Glavine previously said that he'd retire rather than undergo ligament-replacement surgery, so this qualifies as good news for the possible continuation for his career.
    Great news for Glavine and us fans. Looks like he might come back next year but with who? Will the Braves take another chance?

MLB ERA

Re: No Surgery For Glavine

I guess this means he'll try to come back next year....not that his results were any good this year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: No Surgery For Glavine

Tom Glavine underwent surgery Thursday to repair a partially torn flexor tendon in his left elbow and to clean out his shoulder.
    Since Glavine's ligament was intact, he should have a chance to come back and pitch next year if he wants to. "Happy about the diagnosis," Glavine told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Wednesday. "Still not sure about next year, but this will give me a chance."
    Ok so there was surgery in store for Glavine. I am even confused. Sounds like he had a tuneup and will be able to comeback if he wants to. Glavine had control problems all year so who knows if he can correct this.