Thread: Trade Idea

MLB ERA

Trade Idea

Chipper's out for a while now and youve had some trouble scoring runs, what about upon return moving Chipper back to LF and trading for Joe Randa from the Reds?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Well, Chipper is not moving back to the OF.. The whole idea of moving him to 3B is so he would get hurt less easily, and we moved him to 3B and he still got hurt.. I don't think moving him back to LF is a great idea. I'm sure Chipper would do it because he's a good guy but it would probably end in disaster.

I'm not familiar with Randa, but I suppose Cincy would ask for pitching, pitching, and more pitching..

MLB ERA
    ya we would, Randa is one of those guys thats is solid all around ball player but he does nothing great. He is going to make a great acquisition by a contender.

What about moving either to 1st base or any interest still in Kearns?

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

If we're gonna get a Reds player, it would be Kearns or Wily Mo. If we somehow DO get Dunn though, that would kick ass as well. And we have Laroche and Franco at 1B, crowded already.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Cincinnati just sent Kearns down to AAA.. so I don't think they would ask for a ton if we were after him.. I also don't think Randa is a possibility. Marte is the future at 3B, and even though he's struggling right now they are going to stay with him..

How are we going to get Marte playing time when Chipper comes back? Maybe move Marte to LF?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Cincinnati just sent Kearns down to AAA.. so I don't think they would ask for a ton if we were after him.. I also don't think Randa is a possibility. Marte is the future at 3B, and even though he's struggling right now they are going to stay with him..
    Cincy FO has shown that they aren't desperate to move one of the 4 outfielders, I mean it's really a nice "problem." I do think they will send him off if traded for a little bit less value but I really don't see any team getting a steal when it comes to Kearns. Obviously that is mainly coming from wishful thinking.

MLB ERA
    No offense, but the Cincy FO has also shown that they don't know what the hell they are doing..

True.

How about Kearns for Wilson Betemit? You won't have to start Aurillia.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo

True.

How about Kearns for Wilson Betemit? You won't have to start Aurillia.
    I agree FO and management dont know what teh heck they are doing. For some odd sick obsessive reason Miley continues to try to play Aurilia over Freel who is the spark plug for the lineup. Plus we have a guy who has played well at AAA in William Bergolla who might be another freel minus the utility aspect. If we do a trade it will likely be for pitching. If FO pulls another Reitsma trade I expect the city to run them out of town.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

You guys have any more Reitsma's? We could use 1 more.

MLB ERA
    How about Eric Milton, Paul Wilson, Ramon Ortiz, and Rich Aurilia for a shipment of broken bats, some batting practice balls, and some used sunflower seeds

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

I'll take Ramon Ortiz, at least he's cheap. You can keep the rest. We'll give you Brian Jordan for him.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    No offense, but the Cincy FO has also shown that they don't know what the hell they are doing..
    There has been a boatload of Kearns rumors, all of which involving pitching and none of which has seen the light of day. The Reds should feel no need to trade Kearns. He is still cheap and they have depth at the position. I am just saying based on past rumors with the lack of activity in trying to trade him, it would just be foolish to dump him for nothing like so many fans think they can acquire for him. Now saying that, I imagine the FO is all over trading him for whatever. And given your front office who wins many more deals than they lose, that scares me. If you see any of my posts in the Reds forum, I am fairly outspoken in digust over what the FO has accomplished so I agree with you. My assessment on this possible scenario was just based on past rumblings and wishful thinking.