Thread: Braves Sign 3B Scott Spiezio

MLB ERA

Braves Braves Sign 3B Scott Spiezio

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Braves signed infielder-outfielder Scott Spiezio to a minor league contract.
    Spiezio hit .269/.354/.386 in 223 at-bats for the Cardinals last season. The team released him in February after he was arrested for DUI and five other charges. He'll get a few weeks of at-bats in the minors, and if he does well, he'll probably be called up to join Atlanta's bench.
    I'm a little surprised to see they signed him.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Braves Sign 3B Scott Spiezio

The Demon is back!!

MLB ERA

I'm not sure why anyone would sign him. Didn't he have like 6 or 7 charges filed against stemming from a DUI or something? This is a strange move, although I guess now that you guys have Ruben Gotay, you don't really need to worry and can just screw around...

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Yeah not quite sure what to make of this pickup. I guess they wanted some experience off the bench but he seems a little unstable for my liking.

MLB ERA

He was fine when he was with the Angels but I haven't heard much about him since than.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."