Thread: Smoltz To Start Season On DL

MLB ERA

Braves Smoltz To Start Season On DL

MLB.com
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- John Smoltz's right shoulder has improved over the past few days and he is confident that he'll be able to pitch later this week. But if the Braves decide that it makes the most sense to begin the season with him on the disabled list, the veteran hurler isn't going to object.
    "I don't know how the scenarios are going to shake out to," Smoltz said. "But whatever it is, it is and I'm going to embrace it."

If Smoltz begins the season on the 15-day disabled list, he would miss just one scheduled turn in the rotation. The Braves could backdate the transaction date nine days before the start of the regular season.

By doing this, they could activate Smoltz for their April 6 game against the Mets. That is the first time they'll play this season for a fifth consecutive day and be in need of a fifth starter.
    Well it sucks if he misses his first start but if he is not 100% I don't know if I really want them to take the risk. They need Smoltz healthy if they want a chance in the playoffs.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Smoltz To Start Season On DL

sorry bro, that really stinks for your beloved Braves!!

I hope he returns soon for you guys!!!