Thread: Chipper Back & James Coming Back

MLB ERA

Braves Chipper Back & James Coming Back

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Chipper Jones returned to action on Friday and went 2-for-2 with a walk and two RBI.
    Jones had been out since Sunday with a strained right hamstring. He felt well enough to play third base today, though he did commit his second error of the spring.
    I don't care what it takes, Chipper needs to stay healthy and in the lineup. If that means missing some spring training games than so be it. The regular season is where the Braves need him. Chipper went 2-for-2 with two RBIs and a walk in three plate appearances against the Tigers yesterday. He proves over and over again he can still play.

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Chuck James is expected to make his spring training debut on Thursday.
    James pitched batting practice on both Wednesday and Friday, and felt no discomfort in the shoulder that suffered the slightly torn rotator cuff. The Braves were planning on keeping him sidelined until March 20, so the early return bodes well for his chances of being ready for Opening Day, should he earn a spot.
    James did not pitch Thursday or Friday but I liked what I saw in 2006 going 11-4 with a 3.78 ERA in 25 games.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Re: Chipper Back & James Coming Back

Yeah, the braves need Chipper healthy at all costs